Chapter 35

----

James at the side--->

////

Sophias POV

He's going riding with Eliza. He'll be gone a long long while. Long enough for me to run. I thought.

Running. That's what I want to do. Run and leave this place and him.

I can do it right now. I can head inside the house. Get my passport and some jewelry to trade for money and leave. I don't care about my clothes. I'll leave them behind.

Except I can't run. As much all I'll want to I have no idea where we are.

This house seems to be in the middle of nowhere. And all I can recall from the drive is a lot of green fields and hills. No houses or even a damn town.

Sighing I run a hand through my hair.

" Buongiorno Sophia!" James called out as he made his way to me.

Clearing my throat I smiled at James.

" Hey!" I say.

" Mind if I sit with you?" He asked.

" Uh no. No take a seat."

He sits down to my left.

" Beautiful morning isn't it?" He grinned as he looked around.

" Yes it is."

A pleasant silence falls between us. The chirp of birds is heard around us. The sound of leaves rattling with the slight summer breeze.

Clearing my throat I turn to James.

" Take me on a tour of the place."

" A tour? Yes. Of course. But you should change shoes. There's a lot of land we have to walk through." He said.

" Okay. I'll be back soon."

Five minutes later as I slipped into sandals I rejoined James and he lead the way.

Some moments later as we walked through the large vineyard west of the house I tried to see if there's any houses or even a town somewhere in the hills. I see nothing but thick trees and more green.

James is besides me going on and on about the vineyard. Saying how long it's been in the farmhouse and how delicious the wine they make from them are.

" There's wine cellars?" I asked him.

" Yes. The entrance to them are on the side of the house." He informs me.

" So wine making is huge in this place?"

" We make the usual dozen barrels and sell to many of the town people but it's the horse breeding that's big here."

" Town people? There's a town close by?" Now this is what I'm interested in.

" Yes. It's an hour to get there by horse back."