Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Dad!" I cried out, a strangled sob tearing from me at the horrifying sight.

"He can't hear you," Damien growled waving his arm once again, and instantly the cave wall reappeared.

"Let him go!" I yelled. "He's nothing to you! Why are you doing this?"

Damien turned me to face him. "Because I can," he sneered. "And I need you to understand I'm the one in control here." He regarded me with a heated expression, and I stared back furiously, tears rolling freely down my cheeks.

Suddenly, his demeanor changed, and his next words frightened me even more. "My, you're lovely when you're angry," he said with a softer voice, tilting his head a bit while he surveyed me closely. "I find I quite enjoy our little spats. There's a smoldering fire that burns inside of you, and it's tantalizing." Lifting his thumb, he wiped away one of my tears and then sticking it in his mouth, he sucked on it. "Mmm. You're positively delicious in every way."

A cold, fearful chill settled over me, and I knew I was treading on dangerous ground. "Damien," I croaked hoarsely, trying to reach him somehow. "Please don't do this. If you need me to beg, then fine I'll beg, but please don't hurt my family."

He studied me curiously for a moment. "What will you offer me in return?"

"I . . . I . . . I don't know what you mean," I stammered. "What do you want?"

Lust leapt into his eyes, and I knew I'd asked the wrong question. "You know exactly what I want, Portia," he growled, pulling me closer and forcing his mouth against mine.

Freezing me completely, I was helpless to move at all, but I could feel everything, and my insides were cringing. Had my stomach been able to convulse I would've heaved, but instead I was completely imprisoned in his grasp.

His lips moved roughly at first, before gentling. Then he brushed his them back and forth over mine in a feathering motion, before getting harder once again, slipping his tongue inside my mouth, exploring me.

Clutching me tighter, he wrapped an arm around my waist, sliding a hand up my spine and threading his fingers into my hair, deepening the kiss I couldn't, or wouldn't, ever possibly want to respond to.

Damien lingered for several moments before he pulled away, sucking my bottom lip into his mouth as he did so. He opened his eyes to stare into my frozen ones, and I felt his teeth sharpen, biting into my lip enough to draw blood. A look of rapture crossed his face and he closed his eyes, as if to savor what he tasted. After a few seconds he glanced at me again, letting my lip, now throbbing from his actions, slide slowly from his mouth.

"You and I could be so good together," he whispered, nudging the end of my nose with his, scrutinizing me carefully. Tilting his head away from me slightly, he lifted one of my wrists, holding it near his face and inhaled deeply. "You're like a beautiful bouquet. Could you imagine all of this power laced in between us? We'd be unstoppable, you and I," he murmured against my flesh.

He sank his teeth painfully into me, drawing heavily for several seconds on the blood which rushed to the surface before he let go, dropping my hand carelessly back to my side. Placing one of his thumbs under my chin, he tipped my head back, leaning down and lightly placing a kiss against my collarbone.

"There are so many places I want to taste you from," he said softly, and he stroked his tongue over me, then biting there as well. He drew hard, painfully so, and I wanted to scream.

Drinking for what seemed like forever, he feasted, and I felt myself growing weaker, and weaker, until blackness threatened to overcome me. Damien finally lifted his head, a trail of my blood running down his chiseled chin.