23. Clown Phobia

June and I emerged from the room into the kitchen she sat at the table.

"How did things go?" Luke asked.

"Actually they went pretty well."I smiled as I glanced over at June."

"Assuming everyone is done with breakfast...."Luke began.

"Why don't we do something fun today?" Luke finished.

"Like what?" Peter muttered.

"What about the carnival at the park?" He suggested.

"Yay park!" Miley cheered.

*****

We walked onto the grassy field, I borrowed one if Lucy's strollers. Miley and Summer sat in the stroller together.

"FACE PAINT, FACE PAINT." Miley pointed.

"Who wants to get their face painted?" I asked.

"Oh I do, I do!" they all cheered. Luke and I walked the kids over to the face painting station, Miley went first she requested a butterfly, Peter wanted a Zebra, Carter wanted to be a koala, June wanted to be a tiger. I was stuck being a puppy and Summer was a teddy bear. Luke stayed to get his face painted as we went to go play at the water gun booth. They played against each other for teddy bears, we watched a magician play tricks. And watched a man make balloon animals for them. I felt a tap on my shoulder as I turned around I viewed a brightly colored smeared have with a wig and a bright red nose,I screamed in fear and let my leg spring up and kick the clown between his legs he collapsed to the floor. I noticed that he wasn't wearing normal clown clothes. Besides his face he looked like a normal person.

He polled off his wig and nose as the kids started laughing. Luke revealed himself to be the clown. I sat knelt down besides him.

"I'm so sorry Luke!" I repeated over and over again. "I thought you were a clown. A small little awkwardly adorable emerged from Summers body. My jaw dropped, it was Summers first laugh. I knelt down beside both of them and gave Summer a big smile as she continued to laugh. My eyes filled with tears.

"Do you see this Luke! Its Summer's first laugh."I cooed.

"That's soooo... Great." He shrieked in pain.

"She enjoys seeing you in pain, awweee she's just like her auntie!" I play tickled her.

"Why....." He wheezed."does...this...always... happen...to...me." He rolled over in pain."

*****

We walked the kids home where Lucy and her husband were waiting. The kids ran up to them and told them about everything we did while they were gone.

"Jane kicked a clown in the gonads." Peter yelled. Lucy looked up at me and then to Luke in surprise. We picked up or thing. Lucy approached us and handed us a little bit of money for our hard work.

"Thank you so much Jane." She hugged me and looked at Luke.

"If I were you Luke I wouldn't sneak up on Jane anymore. What is it like the second time she kicked you there. If you keep it up I wouldn't be surprised if they no longer functioned properly.

"Thanks for the amazing advise Lucy."He lied.

"Your welcome." She smiled sarcastically as we walked home.