15. Hostility

I sat on the couch in my pajamas making faces at Summer and watching her priceless reactions. She watched my face in curiosity.

"Boo!" I took the hands away from my face. She started to frown with horror.
"No, no, no it's okay baby, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to scare you." I picked her up as she cried.

"Nice one Jane!" Luke replied as he sat beside me on the couch. He reached out his arms to her and soothed her. I rolled my eyes at him and grabbed the remote.

"So what are you watching?" He asked as I ignored him. I was still really mad that won my room.
"Are you mad at me?" He asked.
"Oh jeez is it that time of the month?" I turned around and punched him in the arm and left the living-room. He followed me intentively through the kitchen.
"Well one you make me feel bad." He replied. He looked at me desperately.
"Okay I have a proposition." He claimed.
"Are you listening?" He asked. I turned around and response and leaned my back against the counter.
"Since I feel bad for taking your room so...."

"So what I." I asked coldly.

"Well since we are living here and most likely for a long time then why don't we make this feel like home?"

"You want to do a home makeover?"

"Yeah, it could be fun. Right?"

"Easy for you to say your not exactly the Ty Pennington of home makeovers." I claimed.

"Ty who-ington?" He asked.

"You know, Ty Pennington?" I said.

He shook his head.

"You know, MOVE THAT BUS!!!" I quoted.

He looked at me oddly, trying to figure out what the hell I was doing.

"Extreme Home Makeover." I explained. His eyes became bright and he started to chuckle.

"Ohhhhhh." He continued to chuckle.

"You remember now?" I asked as he continued to laugh.

"Yeah." He shook his head.

"You don't remember, do you?"

"Nope, not one bit?" He shook his head.

"Are you really up for this?" I asked him.

"Hell yeah I'm like Handy Manny, how hard can it be." He shrugged.

"You watch way too many kid shows."

"I know."

"And you're more of like Al Bundy from Married With Children."

"How dare you relate me to Al Bundy." He replied as I walked out of the kitchen leaving him in there.
"I'll show you! We start tomorrow!"