17. Picture Perfect

I sat on the couch out of breath. Summer sat in her swing next to the television. She looked at me tiredly, I would be to considering I moved all of the furniture back by myself even the new pieces we got. Exhausted didn't even begin to describe how I felt. I heard footsteps approach the front door. Luke gracefully slid in the door in his leather jacket with multiple thin long packages wrapped in paper.

"Where have you been?" I asked. "I had to move all if the furniture back myself." I whinnied.

"Yeah I can tell you look awful and smell like sweat." He laughed.

"I hate you!" I said while nonchalantly sniffing myself.

"You won't for long."He said. "Why don't you go take a shower while I set up the surprise."He said.

"What surprise?" I asked.

"Jane the point of a surprise is that I don't tell you." He smirked. "Now go take a shower you're making Summer's eyes water."He teased. I grabbed my clothes and brought them to the bathroom. I set them on the counter and looked at myself in the mirror, I was barely recognizable. I looked like a neanderthal and I smelt like it too. I jumped in the shower and soaped myself down. After I was done cleaning myself. I stood and let the hot water run down my back. The water and peaceful silence made me drowsy. I twisted the shower faucet off and what he the water fade.

I dried myself and got dressed. I peeked around the corner.

"Is it okay to come out now?" I asked.

"Yeah. Just a second." Luke called from around the corner. " I have to make sure you don't peak." He explained coming up from behind me and covering my eyes. He leaded me down the hallway and into the living room.

"Ready? 1, 2, 3." He said releasing my eyes." I looked around the room were old pictures we replaced by new ones. There was one of Summer sleeping on my chest. One of me covered in paint and Luke too. One of our handprints on the wall. Even though it didn't seem like much, it meant the world. It made this house more of like a home, our home.

"Luke it's perfect." I complemented.

"Yeah well I thought that since we are going to be raising her then maybe we should make the best of the little moments that come with her." He smiled.