PCK Chap 31. c:

Max dropped us off and Nick carried me over his shoulder into his apartment. Normally, I would protest, but I felt as heavy as hippo and all the life was completely drained out of me. He gave me his house key and turned me around so I could fumble to unlock the door in the dark. Once we got inside, he sat me on the couch and went into the bathroom and turned the shower on. “Bath or shower?” he called out to me.

“Shower,” I called back, my voice not even sounding like my own. “A hot one.”

I slid down onto the couch and closed my eyes. Today was unbelievable. “It’s ready,” Nick said softly, rubbing my head.

I opened my eyes and reached up for him. “Don’t go,” I whispered.

He scooped me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist, staying as close to him as I could. He carried me into the bathroom and sat me down on the sink. I gathered his shirt in my hands and pulled it over his head. “Ky-“

I shook my head and looked up at him, rubbing his sides. He bit his lip and unbuttoned my shirt, letting it slip to the floor. I pushed him back a few steps and jumped down, unbuttoning his pants. He did the same to me as I slipped my bra over my head. His eyes stayed at mine the whole time and I pulled him into the shower.

“Tilt your head back,” he said softly, running his fingers through my wet hair. He filled his hands with shampoo and combed it through my hair. My hands stayed glued around his waist.

He rinsed my hair and added conditioner and held out a bar of soap to me. I pushed his hand away and pressed myself into his chest. I felt his chin on my head and his hands slid up and down my back. “I love you, Kyler,” he whispered, kissing the top of my head.

“I love you, too.”

He turned the water off and opened the curtain, wrapping a towel around me and rubbing my shoulders. “Go lay down. You know where the clothes are, and you’re welcome to anything. I’ll be in there in a second.”

I nodded and kissed his cheek, walking out of the bathroom. I heard the water turn back on and I headed to his bedroom. Ruffling through his closet, I pulled out a plain black t-shirt and pulled it over my head. I shuffled to his bed and flopped down, pulling all the pillows around me and hiding my face in them.

The water shut off a few minutes later and the door to the bathroom opened. I heard Nick’s light footfalls across the living room and heard his soft chuckle as he entered the bedroom. “No pants?”

I lifted my head from the mountain of pillows and yawned. He smiled down at me and put a pillow over my face while he changed. I felt the other side of the bed sink down and Nick pulled me into his chest. “Why aren’t you always this cuddly?” he asked me, tangling our legs together.

I hid my face in his shoulder and took in his scent. My face fit perfectly in this spot, his collar bone creating the perfect spot that cradled my cheeks.