PCK Chapter 26, yo!

I walked into second period and headed straight to my seat. I sat down and slumped my head on my desk.

"Hey, scoot over!" Max complained.

"No! This is all your fault," I said, slapping his hands away when he tried to sprawl out on my desk.

"Don't pretend you didn't enjoy it," he muttered. He laid his head next to mine on the desk and leaned on me.

I shot my head up. My vision blurred a bit. "Who enjoys staying up until school starts watching the Titanic? I mean, it was a good idea until- Oh, Jack!" I said, trying to keep my mascara from running. Max and I had been crying since six this morning. I couldn't get my eyes to stop watering after that. We decided today would be our lazy day and we were both wearing sweat pants and hoodies.

"What happened?" a new voice commented.

I turned. A permanent frown was plastered to my face. "I don't want to talk about it!" I said, burying my head.

"What's wrong with you two?" Nick asked.

I pulled my hood over my head and closed my eyes. Today was going to be a long day.

Max sighed. He decided to use me as a pillow. I tried to tell him to get off, but he just laughed. "We watched the Titanic last night," Max informed Nick.

"This morning!" I yelled from under Max's head. I slapped his head and he got off of me. I sat back up. "Don't do that," I said, sticking my tongue out at him.

"Real mature," he said, narrowing his eyes.

I flicked his nose. He proceeded to pinch mine. "Let go!" I yelped. My voice sounded funny.

"Cut it out," Nick said. I turned to glare at him. He had an amused look on his face. He sat on top of the desk in front of us. "So, you guys stayed up all night watching a movie? That still doesn't explain the grumpiness. I mean, aren't teenagers pretty much supposed to pull all nighters then go to school?"

I leaned my head on Max closing my eyes. He did have a point. "Well, according to my calendar," Max said. "It's about time for Roof's you know what. I bet we're suffering from pms."

My head shot up. "Max!" I shouted. I shook my head wildly. "What are you doing?"

Max laughed. "It's okay. We all know about girls and they're-"

"No more!" I said, covering my ears.

"Wait, why did you say 'we're suffering'?" Nick asked Max, a wide grin displayed on his face.

Max glared at me. "Kyler tends to spread the hate."

I glowered at him.

Nick cracked up. "Oh, kid," he sighed.

I put my head back on my desk. "Let's not do anything today," I said.

"Yeah," Max agreed.

"Sorry guys, but I do have lesson plans, you know," Nick said, patting me on the back.

"Well, what are they?" I asked. My words were heavy with sleep.

"We're going to talk about poetry and try to understand it better. We're going over metaphors and similes, and I'm going to go over more about the songs you have to bring in tomorrow," Nick explained.

"Yeah," Max said, it came out slow. "We'll be sleeping."

Nick laughed. I heard footsteps and decided that he'd walked away.

*

"Kyler," someone whispered into my ear. "Wake up."

My eyes lids fluttered open. I looked around the room. Everyone was gone. It was just Nick and me.