One more step closer

After finishing a templar hunt with Jacob, one of my gang member has told me that Evie was in need of my help.

Back at the train, Sam and Evie looked much more frustrated than ever. "Lovers spat?" Jacob mocked Evie and Sam, catching their attention. Anastasia rolled her eyes and slapped Jacob's chest.

"We've got a lead on the shroud." Evie ignored what Jacob has said. "Anastasia, will you accompany Evie while Henry, Jacob and I will finish a task." Sam said. "I'll accompany Evie with pleasure."

--

As Evie and I were on the roof top, hood down, studying our targets closely. Evie repeated the plan, even though it was in the back of her head. I crouched closer to Evie, wondering what this task was. "Evie, what is this task?" I asked, looking at her from the corner of my eyes.

"One of the blighters know where the other documents are." She said, her eyes still on the blighter leader.

"Documents of the shroud of eden, I'm guessing?" I activated my eagle vision, looking through the buildings and watching the blighters inside. "Yes." Evie said silently.

"I'll take the one's inside." I said ready to jump into the window, and into the office. "Wait." Evie grabbed my shoulder before I could make my move. "Be careful. Don't let anyone see you." Evie whispered loudly. "Of course."

--

As I entered from the window, knowing that Evie was watching me, I pulled a lady blighter by her feet, sending her to the ground as my blade entered her chest. This gave Evie the heads up that I was good on my own.

As I went by the corner, a blighter was on the other side of the room. I whistled trying to get his attention, and it worked. My blade entered the blighter's gut as I covered his mouth. I let him drop to the ground slowly, making sure there was no loud sound.

I searched the apartment for more blighters, until I caught something glittering, while activating my eagle vision.

I approached the sealed box, wondering why there were so many locks. "Must be important..." I said to myself. After pick locking the box open, there was a book.

As I flipped through the pages, I realized it was about the shroud of Eden. I reactivated my eagle vision. "Why haven't I seen this before." I said to myself, shocked.

It was a map to the shroud of eden. I've found it. But, the map was not continued. "The other books! Evie!" I ran through the window and jumped onto the other building.

I spotted Evie, assassinating the last templar. I whistled loudly, catching Evie's attention.

"What is it?" Evie moved the hood away from her face, revealing a concerned look. "Evie. Take the book, open your eagle vision." Evie looked at me as if I was crazy.

"Evie now. Just do it." I barked at her. Her face gave me an answer. "How come...I haven't seen this before.." Evie's eyes traveled to meet mine.

"Evie, the shroud of eden exists. We need to go back to the train and look at the other documents." Evie was impressed of what I have found, even though it wasn't meant to be found.

--

All the documents, books and papers were spread across the floor. Both Evie and I noting down the map with our eagle vision.

Evie and I hadn't noticed Henry's, Sam's and Jacob's appearance in the cart. "Working hard are we?" Jacob's smirk grew as he eyed me.

Evie and I ignored his comment, and went straight to the point. "We found it. It does exist." I spilled the beans, Jacob looked at me as if I was crazy.

"The shroud of eden?" Henry gasped, as Sam's mouth opened slightly in shock. "Yes, we did. We know where it is." Evie said rather much cheerful than the others.

"Oh please! Its a hoax." Jacob threw himself on the velvet couch, throwing his top hat to the other side of the couch, with a big smirk on his face, that he can't seem to wipe off.

"We might as well go and find out if it really is true." I spat back at Jacob, as he surrendered.

"Are you guys certain?" Reassured Sam. "Activate your eagle vision. You'll see the map." Henry said while eyeing Evie. Sam did as he was told, he placed his hand on my shoulder. "It really is true." Sam whispered to himself, I looked at Sam and smile gently.

"Then if it is true, let's check it tomorrow morning. The map is where the queen's castle is. Fortunately, in our luck, there is a party there." Henry said.

"And guess who, the savor of the day, got the invitations." Jacob took out 5 invitation letters to the party, with a big proud smile on his face.

"How did you?" Evie asked, very curiously. "Oh sister darling, I have my ways." Evie rolled her eyes  at her brother's remark.

A knock at the door caught all of our attention. "Excuse me...sorry to bother." One of the member from my gang approached us, rather nervously.

"Please, come in." I said with a gentle smile forming on my lips, hoping it would calm her down. "This is for you, Anastasia, miss." She handed me a long object, wrapped in brown paper.

"The person we got it from is unknown, we didn't see her or his face." I nodded back at my X and she left before I knew it. "Perhaps its from your lover Crawford?" Sam said teasing, as Jacob rolled his eyes.

"Oh shut up, Sam." I teared off the brown paper, to find that it was a samurai sword, just like the other I had. "How come I don't get any swords?" Jacob barked like a baby, Evie slapped his arm before he could say more.

A note fell off from the sword. I bend down to take it. The message was absolutely baffling, so I decided to read it aloud. "Dear sister, my Anastasia. See you soon. Very soon." As I read the message, Sam's face went pale, as if he has seen a ghost.

"Sister?" Jacob and Evie said at the same time, confused as I was.

"But...I have no siblings..."