A little more clear

I was awaken by a throbbing pain in my head, and a tap on my shoulder. "Miss! Miss! Wake up now! You have been here all day!" The bartender from last night said. "Now get outta here both of ya! A carriage been waiting for two of ya outside!" He picked up the glasses from our table and walked away. Where is Jacob! I hope he didn't leave me here! I rubbed my temples as I felt that my head was gonna explode any minute. I lifted my head from the table. I felt a weight on my lap, I looked down to see Jacob's head laying on my lap. "Jacob. Wake up. Now." I said weakly and trying to shake him. "Unnfff. Not now.." Jacob turned and fell on the floor, his eyes flicked open once he fell. He looked around as if he was a mad man. "What happened?" He asked trying to get up on his feet. "Alcohol." I said weakly trying to stand up. "Come on now, a carriage is waiting outside." I said while rubbing my temples more harder. We supported our weight on each other while walking slowly to the carriage, a rook was driving the carriage and he did not look as pleased, he must have been waiting here all day.

Once we reached the train, Sam nor Evie were there. Thank god, they will no longer have to shout at Jacob and I. I walked to my cart while supporting my weight on the walls of the cart. Once I reached my cart, I laid down gently on my bed. I heard my door open and saw Jacob walking towards my bed. "Not your cart Jacob." I said in pain from the banging feeling in my head. "Shhh Anastasia..." Jacob closed his eyes while he laid down on my bed next to me, it took him a moment until he curled up and laid his head on my thighs like a little child. I spread my fingers into his hair and started to play with his hair and massage his head gently. We laid there in silence, not knowing if Jacob fell asleep or not. I stopped playing with his hair, and turns out he didn't fall asleep. "Who told you to stop?" Jacob said weakly. I smiled weakly and continued to play with his hair making it more messier than it is.

After half an hour of silence, we heard Sam and Evie's voice coming towards our cart. "Oh god no..." I said taking my pillow and covering my face with it. "Now where have you guys been all night!" Evie opened the door and walked in arms crossed with Sam. "Shhhh...Evie you're terribly loud." Jacob covered his ears with his hands. "Anastasia!" Sam demanded an answer while shouting. "Shut up Sam." I groaned in pain from his loud voice. "Ugh, they're both having a hangover! Useless! Come on Sam, we can just leave them be to sort themselves out. We'll ask about the party later." Evie grabbed Sam's arm and pulled him out of the cart, closing the door with a loud thud. "Oh thank heavens..." Jacob said uncovering his ears.

Once Evie and Sam left, we heard a knock on the door, Jacob groaned and covered his ears with his hands. "Come in.." I said weakly. Agnes opened the door and placed 4 pills in my hand. "2 for you, 2 for mr Frye. It helps with the hangover, just get ya little drowsy is all." She said. "Oh thank you Agnes." I smiled weakly. Once she left my cart, I took Jacob's hand and placed the pills Agnes gave me. "Take them." I said putting my head back swallowing my pills. After Jacob swallowed his pills, he held my hand and intertwined my fingers with his. He got closer to my body slowly, he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer. "Jacob, what are you doing..?" I asked with a hot sensation on my cheeks. "Getting comfortable love, now shhh.." Jacob placed his face on the crook of my neck, where I can feel his hot tingly breath on my collar bones.
The drowsiness started to kick in, where I felt my eyes getting heavier and heavier, till I could no longer see anything. I fell asleep while Jacob was holding me, to be honest... I did feel safe with Jacob, and this time I felt safer since he was holding me closer than ever.

*

The train came to a harsh stop making me flick my eyes open. I looked at Jacob and he was still holding me close to his body, I smiled to myself and looked at the clock that was next to my bed. 8:30 pm. "Jacob...Jacob wake up." I shook him gently. Jacob and I spent the whole afternoon sleeping, Evie and Sam must be furious. "10 more minutes..." Jacob groaned and pulled me closer, while he wrapped his legs around my body. "Jacob come on! Its 8:30!" I said pushing him off of me gently. "Alright alright!" He said lifting himself slowly. I got off the bed and pulled him up. Once we got out of my cart, Evie and Sam were working on finding the shroud of Eden, like always. "Ah, so now you both wake up I see." Sam said crossing his arms with a smirk on his face. "One drink does not make you have a hangover like that!" Evie scolded both Jacob and myself. "Oh cut us some slack!" Jacob said with sleep still in his voice. "Dear cousin, do tell me. Are you courting mr Starrick perhaps?" Sam smirked and looked towards Evie. "Oh shut up, we only danced. But there is a good outcome from this." I said rather pleased on what I have achieved with Starrick. "Oh please, there are other ways to do it." Jacob rolled his eyes and crossed his arms on his chest. I ignored Jacob's comment and continued to speak. "Starrick fancies me, once I get closer, we could know all his plans. He doesn't know I'm an assassin. It might work." I said rather happy. "Well done cousin. And I thought you only wrecked things." Sam clapped his hands and walked towards me. "There is a better way to do it! What do you think will happen once he finds out you're an assassin! He'd murder you on the spot!" Jacob walked away rather furious, I've never seen him like this before. "Why Jacob!" Called out Evie. "Pardon me, I'll check what's wrong with brother dearest." She said with a pinch of sarcasm at the end.

--

"Jacob! What was that all about?" Evie walked in to where Jacob was sitting in his own cart. "I don't think the plan will work! Evie! We can think of something else!" Jacob crossed his arms and sat down angrily on his velvet chair. "Ahh brother dear! I see what's happening, you fancy Anastasia romantically!" Evie crossed her arms and face Jacob with a big grin on her face. "N-no not at all! N-no of course not!" Jacob's cheeks turned pink while he stuttered. "You do! And you're jealous!" She cornered Jacob. "Shut up Evie!" Jacob looked away. "Oh mr Frye and miss Cobain! How lovely! But only mr Starrick is in the way of your love life." Evie laughed at her younger brother's change of attitude and liking to Anastasia. "Oh shut up Evie! You're full of it! It's not like you don't fancy little Sammy." Jacob bit back. "So is it greenie or little Sammy, Evie?" Jacob teased Evie with a big grin on his face. "Oh shut up Jacob! You're more than obvious you like her! Or does little young brother love her?" Evie continued to tease. Jacob put on his boots and wore his thick leather cloak. "And what if I do hm Evie?" Jacob gave in while Evie let out a little squeal. "I knew it! Oh brother dearest you might as well tell her- where are you going?" Evie asked. "Away from you." Jacob said leaving the cart from the window.