Chapter 20 - Lance

"Tell me what the story is?" Luke demanded.

I barely got through the door before he mobbed me. I knew he deserved the truth after God knows what he had seen. My only hope is that it was only scars he had seen and not had to participate in the action itself but I knew from his face and him panicked voice that this was no the case.

"What happened?" I asked, guiding him to the sofa in his living room.

"Thirteen times!" He breathed.

"Thirteen times what?" I asked.

"She made me hit her thirteen times..." He left that there.

I knew exactly what had happened without him telling me. Luke buried his face in his hands and I slumped back into the opposite sofa. I didn't know how to explain this to him. I just knew that I had to explain it.

I sighed, "Four years ago she dated this guys who was a lot older and more experienced." Luke looked up at me, "He was the one who introduced her to all that....stuff. He showed her the good side of it...like she is showing you...until..."

"What did he do?" Luke spat.

"I think you know what he did," I replied, "You also know how he made her act afterwards. She was his puppet. He did it just enough to leave marks but it was in places where she could still wear crop tops without anything being seen. He made her psychological dependent on him as well, to the point she called him even to ask if she was dressed properly for school or for permission to shower."

"What happened to him?" Luke pressed.

"I don't know," I sighed, "All I know was that he left her. He used her, abused her then left her all within six months," my jaw tightened, "She was thirteen."

"And I take it that he left on the thirteenth?" Luke guessed.

"Yeah," I sighed.

"So that's why it's thirteen slaps?" He asked, "Because she was thirteen?"

"That's what the others figured too," I replied.

"How many others?" He asked, his hands clenching into fists.

"About five," I replied, "but three of them were just guys she hired to hurt her on the thirteenth when she didn't have a guy. Especially the thirteenth of April."

"Her birthday?" Luke asked, "Surly not on her birthday."

"That's the most important one to her," I replied, "that's the day he left her."

"Fucking hell! You're kidding right?" Luke pleaded.

I shook my head, "No."

"Does she not celebrate it?" Luke asked.

I laughed grimly, "Celebrate? Rory doesn't know the meaning of the word anymore. He broke her in more ways you will ever know."

"Then how do you know?" Luke questioned.

I laughed, "That was an accident. I almost walked in on her about a year and a half ago with one of her exs. I stopped at the last minute but watched what happened. She she realised I was there, she told me everything. My guess is she knew I wouldn't tell and she needed to spill to someone so I was a good person."

"How did she know she could trust you?" Luke mumbled.

"She has walked in on my with my exs," I told him, "She never told anyone and I guess she knew that I wouldn't say anything, regardless whether she had dirt on me or not."

"Why didn't she tell me?" Luke muttered, "Does she not trust me!?"

"She trust you with her BDSM secret," I pointed out, "that counts for something."