Chapter 14 Finding Daz

Puriel's POV

I walked through the castle in search of Daz. He had gotten lost and Link asked me to find him. I happily obliged. Dear Link, I really liked him. I felt horrible I kissed him. He would never like me back. I'm an elf, he's a human. It was hopeless for me to pursue him. My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of scampering feet and panting. Around the corner ran Daz. He looked terribly frightened.

"Elf lady, I saw you with Leak. I got lost. Where's Leak, will you take me to him?" Daz asked and stared pleadingly at me.

"Of course I'll take you to him, Daz. My name is Puriel by the way," I said softly.

"Purryelf, that's a weird name. Take me to Leak," Daz said.

I laughed. He seemed to have trouble with names. Oh well. I extended my hand for him to hold it, but he refused. I started walking back and he followed. Suddenly, a cry of agony ripped through the castle. It was Link. He was in pain! Daz's ears perked up and he started running.

"Daz, stop! You don't know the way, you'll get lost again!" I shouted. 

He ignored me and kept running. I started sprinting after him. Even though elves are incredibly fast, goblins are slightly faster. I sighed and pushed myself harder. I couldn't let him get lost again. I had to keep him safe, for Link. They had gotten pretty attached, it was adorable. 

I spent another fifteen minutes running after Daz. I would start catching up, but then Link would scream again and Daz would speed up. This happened over and over until I finally grabbed him. I picked him up and held him. I was panting hard.

"Stop, Link is going to be fine. You can't just go running off like that," I said and got up again. I remembered I could telepathically talk to people, so I contacted Volitha.

Volitha, is Link alright? His screams are so loud. I'm really worried about him.

He is fine now. We have taken him to the master bedroom down the hall from you. Come visit him. He is sleeping now.

I'll be there as soon as I can, dear sister.

I continued to hold Daz as I walked to Link's room. He was squirming to get out of my grasp, but I held him firmly. I approached Link's door and knocked quietly.

"Come in," a soft male voice said. 

I opened the door and saw a boy about Link's age sitting next to the bed with Link sleeping peacefully in it. It was the boy Link had hugged before.

"I'm Puriel, Volitha's younger sister," I whispered to the boy.

He smiled before replying, "I'm Rhett, Link's best friend for nine years. It's a pleasure to meet you."

He stood up and offered me the chair he was sitting in. I smiled and took a seat next to Link. I placed my hand on Link's. He was cold. I pulled the blankets a little higher and smiled down at him. I was so happy he was alright.

"Is the potion going to take effect again?" I asked.

"No, it's gone. It should never be back. Link's alright, he just needs to get some rest. He should be fine in the morning," Rhett replied and sat down on the bed next to him.

"You two are pretty close?" I asked.

"We're like brothers. I've known Link for most of my life. He's really awesome. I can't imagine what my life would be like without him.  I don't even want to try," Rhett said softly and looked down at his friend.

I could tell they had a strong, brotherly love for each other. It was incredibly sweet. I smiled and stood up. Volitha walked in and went over to Rhett.

"Would you like to learn how to heal people with magic while Link rests?" She whispered.

"That would be incredible!" Rhett said excitedly.

"Excellent, come with me, and Puriel, you can help me train Rhett," Volitha said and began to walk away.

I looked back at Link and saw Daz was curled up in the bed next to him. I smiled. Link had such a great personality, everyone seemed love him.

I followed Volitha and Rhett to the training room. Volitha extended her hand, whispered a spell, and a blue light appeared over her hand. The light turned into a plum. She handed it to Rhett and he took a bite of it.

"Wow, this is really juicy and good!" he exclaimed happily. He quickly ate it and shoved the pit into his pocket.

"Now Rhett, to control magic, you must use your brain. Think about the blue light that I just made. Think about it, extend your palm and picture it there," Volitha said.

He groaned loudly and then said, "I can't it's not working."

"You have the ability, just use your brain, Rhett. Think about it and nothing else. Feel the magic coming from your hand. You can do it!" Volitha said powerfully.

He extended his hand again and squeezed his eyes shut. He brought his left hand to his temple and concentrated very hard. Suddenly, the light appeared. It started to grow, it got bigger and bigger, until pow it exploded sending the blue light everywhere and Rhett flying across the room.  He landed with a low thump and lie there perfectly still. Volitha and I ran over to him.

"Rhett! Rhett!" I called out to him as we ran. 

He didn't reply. He just stayed completely still. Volitha went over to him and rolled him onto his back.

"He's out cold. I don't know how he did that. The power this boy has is incredible!" Volitha said, shocked and looked up at me with wide eyes.

Rhett shouldn't have been able to do that. Not on his first try. Having that much power took years of training, and he had five minutes.

__________________________

  Hey guys,

Sorry for updating two days in a row, but I won't be around tomorrow, so I did it today. I'll update again on Thursday, so hopefully the schedule will be right again. If you haven't already, please check out Mythical-Nerd00 and silveroak6. They are incredibly nice and talented authors. Thanks for reading, commenting, voting, and following! 

BYMB,

Annie