Chapter 22 Going Home

Rhett's POV

I walked into Link's room and sat down next to him.

"Hey buddy, I've got some great news! You wanna hear it?" I asked attempting to cheer him up.

He was still in a state of depression after losing Puriel. He didn't look at me, but he slightly nodded his head. I gave him a side hug.

"Volitha said we can go home today. The elves will thank us in some sort of celebration and then we can go home!" I said excitedly.

He gave a weak smile. "Rhett, do you think I'll ever find someone who will mean as much to me as Puriel? I just, I loved her Rhett and now she's gone. I feel so helpless. I couldn't save her, Rhett. No one could. Why did she have to do this? Couldn't Volitha have been healed with magic or something?" Link said tearing up.

"I know you'll find someone. Someone you'll love even more than Puriel. It might be a few years, but she'll be there, you just have to wait. She did it because her sister was dying. She wouldn't have done it if Volitha could be healed with magic, Link. She was a very smart girl, she wouldn't throw away her life for no reason. She really loved you, she would never want to leave you for no reason. Why don't we get ready for the celebration. You'll feel better then. Volitha had these custom made for us," I said and walked over to the closet.

I pulled out two matching outfits. They were the same style as the clothes we were wearing, but they were made with silver and gold. I handed Link's to him and we began to get changed.

"I still don't like wearing leggings, boots, and tunics, it makes me feel like a girl, but I think this is an improvement," I said as I looked at myself in the mirror.

Link walked over and looked at my hair.

"You know, I think it would look cool if you grew your hair out and had it go up. It would suit your face," Link said and smiled.

He finally seemed to be his normal, happy self again.

"Where did that come from?" I asked with a laugh.

"I don't know, it just sort of popped into my head," he said and laughed as well.

"Well, it sounds ridiculous. I would never do something as weird as that!" I said.

"I don't know, you might," Link said.

"Never gonna happen," I said and walked to the door. "Shall we go?"

"I'm ready. Where is it?"

"I don't know, but I think Volitha was going to meet us in the hall and take us there. I think she's probably waiting at this point," I said and opened the door.

We stepped out and sure enough, there was Volitha. She was wearing a very elaborately designed green and gold dress.

 She was wearing a very elaborately designed green and gold dress

"Are you two ready finally?" she joked.

"Yes, I think so," Link said.

"Good, follow me. You two are thought of as heroes now. I think I heard a little elf girl saying she wanted to marry you, Link," Volitha said and smiled.