Chapter 2 Evidore

Link's POV

As we stepped into the portal, I began to laugh. It gave me a tingling sensation, almost like being lightly tickled. It was completely white except for the three of us. Then, like a flash, everything went white. We all appeared on a mountainside overlooking a large valley. Castles were built into the mountain. It was beautiful, but there was a dark mist surrounding the bottom of the mountain.

"What's that mist down there?" I asked Volitha.

"That's evil. It comes in the form of a dark mist. If the mist completely covers the castle, it means our world is lost to the Krax. We only have a few months until it will take over, unless we can stop the Krax," Volitha said somberly.

"What would the Krax do if they took over," Rhett asked.

"We need to get to those castles. Walk with me, and I'll tell you," she said pointing to the mountain castles. We began to follow the pathway through the woods. It were dark and sort of creepy.

"If the Krax were to take over, my people would be made their slaves. We'd never see the light of the sun again. As it is, it's already going out. The evil poisons the sun, making it darker and darker until it's completely burnt out. We can't let that happen. Elves are a peaceful people, but when we need to, we will fight and fight hard," she said.

We kept walking in silence, until we heard slight growling and branches breaking.

"W-what was that?" I said, frightened.

"Shh...," Volitha said putting her finger up to her mouth.

I looked around frantically, trying to find the source of the noise. It growled again and a large creature jumped out from the bushes. 

"What the heck is that?" Rhett yelled as it bolted toward us.

"Run, it's a Krax and it's going to kill you if you don't move!" Volitha said and began to run. We quickly followed behind her. I glanced back at it. It was gaining on me. I tried to run quicker, but it grabbed my leg. I hit the ground with a thud and then, everything went black.