Chapter 12 - 1st base date

2nd June 2040

Stephanie POV

Isabella: What day are you arriving in Miami? I'm Missing u. :(

Stephanie: Tomorrow, do I need to bring anything from home?

Isabella: No just yourself. Dress code will be casual sporty for the date, don't need any wardrobe embarrassments.

Stephanie: Ok thanks, speak to you soon.

"Stephanie, have you packed?" I heard my dad call from his room.

"Almost, I need to get some things before I am finished".

I went to get some baseballs and my batting gloves. I had returned with them and put them in my bag before going to my room.

I get my phone and call Kayleigh

"Thank god you picked up the phone after the first call. "

" Hey! How are you feeling about going to Miami? "

"For once I am excited but nervous, I have a date in six days. "

" Did you just say a date?!? Or am I just hearing things?" she said in surprise.

" Yes Kayleigh, I have a date".

"Wait until Eli hears about this, he'll go nuts, as he thought he would have a girlfriend before you. "she said suspiciously

" Alright, if your date told you to dress casual sporty for your date, what would you wear? "

"I think you should wear a crop top or a vest and long trousers, but I would wear a loose skirt and a Polo top. Use what you have wisely."

"Thanks Kayleigh, bye"

"Bye"

8th June 2040

Isabella POV

I am scared about what to wear for my date, I am petrified of messing up today.

My mom told me that she was going to New York until next Friday, where she will be back. Luckily that means I can do what I want, when somebody isn't checking on me.

I had messaged Stephanie to tell her that I will pick her up at 6:30.

I was looking through my twitter feed where I see a selfie of my mom in time square. It initially annoyed me, but I was happy for her as she is usually at home looking after me. I was admiring how happy my mom was when I receive a phone call form Johnathan.

"Jonathan, I have an emergency, can you come over to mine please, asap?"

"Ok, I'll make my way to yours now."

"Thanks, bye"

10 minutes later

I open the door to Jonathan, after waiting for him, even though he lives a five minute walk away from me.