Chapter 7 - Boot camp: Eastern zone

6th may 2040

Stephanie POV

We were in Chicago, where my parents and sister dropped me off at Wrigley field, before they drove off to the museum. I did get jealous of that as I love Baseball, even though the Red Sox are my team.

I had checked in and they sent me with many people into the first entrance. When I had entered there were four separate spaces where other contestants were put into place. I felt nervous as I didn't know what would be happening but I was confident I was going through to the next round.

I felt a tap on the back of my right shoulder.

"Hi, I'm Isabella, what is your name?" The taller girl asked me. She had long brown hair and amazing blue eyes, which looked baby blue but there many layers of her eye color, and they got progressively darker until it was an indigo blue. Her eyes did turn a slightly bit lighter with the indigo blues going towards turquoise color. I had zoned out for a moment staring at her amazing slim, model like figure.

"Hellooo, you are staring at me." she said with a goofy but serious tone trying to get me to pay attention to her.

"Sorry about that, I'm Stephanie Gronkowski, I am 15 years old and I really like singing and softball."

"Me too, I like softball, I'm 15 but I like all sports, not just softball. Like the only thing I do at home is sing and do yoga." Isabella replied.

We started talking about school, where we are from etc.

"Isabella, may I ask you what your surname is? because you didn't tell me what is was before."

Isabella POV

I stood there for a few minutes thinking about my mother as she looked like someone she knew. I knew about the Gronkowski guys who are footballers for the Patriots (Rob and Glenn) or the Broncos (Chris Gronkowski) or Bills where Glenn Gronkowski started his career.

I did briefly stare at her amazing muscular body but it wasn't a small fragile build she was medium sized body, but her muscles didn't look like she was a body builder. She had chocolate brown eyes with multiple shades of brown each telling a different part of her. Her eyes were a light more hazelnut brown but it mesmerized me and it stuck in my head for a long time.

"Isabella, you're staring at my eyes." The blue eyed girl said to me, before a producer started to speak in the megaphone.

"The Judges will be here in 5 minutes." The blond producer said in the megaphone.

I was still with Stephanie, after the announcement.

"Stephanie, I would love to keep in touch with you irrelevant of what happens today, can I have your phone number please?"

I gave her my phone before she typed in her number into my iPhone with her long fingers.

5 minutes later

I hear Justin say "Welcome to Wrigley field"

We all start to cheer before Willow says; "This place has had many glorious moments such as the Cubs making it to the playoffs"

"But also heartbreaks, where the Cubs losing the final World series game 7" Becky says with no sympathy, she is probably a White Sox fan or another NL Central team (meaning the Pitsburg Pirates, St Louis Cardinals, Cincinati Reds, Milwaukee Brewers and the Cubs make up the NL central division).

"We have let through a lot of people in the audition but it is time to let the majority of you go." Justin says with regret but he knew that this was a serious competition."