.. and the skeletons fell from the cupboard...

Marge's POV:

She fainted. She was shivvering like crazy. I tried to calm her, to soothe her, but I knew those words were empty. When you go through hell, even the softest words can feel like barbs... She had been through hell and back, not just once.. countless of times. 

I never knew who the guy who assualted her that night was, but tonight, I was beyond ashamed. My own son, my flesh and blood had assualted his sister-in-law. He had fallen below the  lowest of the scumbags. I looked up and saw John looking at me. We both looked sad, guilty even, ashamed that our boy had behaved like the devil himself.

He picked Kara up and took her to our room leaving a slumped Jase on the ground where he had fallen after being thrashed by his father. We would worry about him later. Our first priority now was Kara. 

He put her gently on our bed, kissed me and left the room. He wasn't young anymore, but my John was still so strong, the typical southern gentleman. He would still stand up when a lady walked in, still tip his hat in resect. My hero, he was still my hero.

Shaking my head at our past, I walked upto Kara and tried to wake her up. She screamed as I touched a wet cloth to her head, delirious. She yelled and yelled, begging Jason to stop. Begging him to leaver her. Atleast not hurt her in fron of her brothers grave. 

I tried to soothe her, but it didn't help, she would yell again, louder,more painfully, sometimes with hate, sometimes with fear. She would beg Karen not to marry a rapist, or should would curse Jason. Sometimes she would sob as she begged for forgiveness to her dead child for killing her, for choosing Karen over her baby. She would yell at Karen too, for leaving her alone, for walking out when  Jack needed her. Should would sometimes simply yell asking for death to take her, take her away to her family.

She was tired of living alone, she would cry, tired of fighting her deamons. She wanted to be loved, why wasn't she loved she would scream. Throughout all this, through one of the longest and painful night of my life, never did she regain her sense again, never did she respond to my words. When terror struck, she wold yell, sob, beg, flaying her arms, twisting her body, her face showed her pain, her voice carried her secrets that she hid behind her smile all these years.

John simply stood in the corner, crying because of this painful sight. My tears too refused to dry up. I was aghast and ashamed about all this.I should have realised, should have asked, but I too was fooled by her smile. I too did not stop and look into her eyes, where this pain must have lived. I believed she was as happy as Karen, which was too much. But how wrong I was,to have believed in the lie and illusion she created. 

Morning came, but neither did her temperature subside, nor did her pain, still screaming, still crying, she continued thrashing her body about the bed. Exhaustion was taking its toll now,her voice was hoarse, her tears less, soon, she would fall asleep, asleep out of shear exaustion, not peaceful, but hopefully calming.

John went out and got Granny N home. She was a wise old lady. She knew all but never gossiped, she would be able to handle this situation. She sat next to her and soothed her head, saying soft words of love to her, she whispered me to make her some chiken soup and fresh bread, " This girly will need her strenght. Go Marge and wake the scunbag of your son too."

I nodded and turned to leave. Just as I reached the door, Kara wailed. "Forgive me Karen, I can't keep my promises" she said as her body thrashed again. Karen's promise! How could I have forgotten my promises to her. Just as she made me promise, she had forced Jase and Kara to make some promises too. 

I did not know, how or what would happen to them now, all I knew was I wanted to strangle my own son.

Through the night, I realised some painful things. I realised who had raped Kara all those years ago, I realised that the child I took her to abort was my own grandchild, a child she still yearned for. I realised how badly Jason had treated her over the years.

But most importantly, I realised how decieving a smile can be at times.

Vote, comment and share your thoughts....

please tell me what you think of Jase and Kara now??