Past..... brought alive...

KARA'S POV:

Jason has been drinking for days now. That's all he does. He is either in the pub or at the cemetary with Karen. I think he will drink himself to an early death. Marge and Jason are so worried about him. He hasn't even seen Jack for a long time too. How will they bond if he ignores his baby like that?

I hate him for being selfish. But I understand his pain. I live with Marge now. The empty home kills me. Anyways, Jason is too drunk to notice, so I am not complaining. The day he sobers up and takes over his responsibilities again, I will leave. Not only from this house, but also from this village. 

I know, leaving will be painful. I will leave my entire family behind, in the graveyard. But the most painful thing will be leaving Jack behind. I had promised Karen that I will be Jack's mother. I will take care of her family. I am fulfilling my promise to her. But I do not think I can carry this out once Jason comes to his senses. I still hate him and I guess, I will always do. I don't know.

With these thoughts in my head, I stood near the kitchen window, looking out into the dark night. It was as dark as my life I guess. I heard the truck engine and knew Jase had arrived. He was drunk as usual. He stumbled into the house via the back door that opened into the kitchen. Seeing me there was like a shock to him. He stood still, simply staring at me.

Blinking hard as if I would vanish into thin air. Then, he smiled and walked towards me. I stiffened. Fear came rushing as it got the memories of a similar night that I had tried to forget.

I wanted to run, to hide, to simply not stand here, next to a drunk Jason. But my feet wouldn't move. My palms were wet with sweat and I could her my heart crashing against my ribs. He came closer. I tried to move away, he followed me. I backed away still. He still came closer. 

Suddenly, I was backed up against the wall and he was nose to nose with me. I could smell beer in his breath, could feel the heat of his body, could see the lust in his eyes. I wanted to run. He put his hands on my waist and held me to him. Looking into my eyes he said, " Kara, thank you for waiting up for me. YOu don't know how much I have wanted to be alone with you in these past days. "

"Uh, Jase, I wasn't waiting for you, I was simply cleaning up after dinner. Please, let me go." I replied as I tried to push him away. But he was so strong. I couldn't move him, not even an inch and yet he was supposed to be drunk.

He smiled at my futile attempts then bent his head and crashed his lips to mine. I couldn't breathe. Not again, please God, not again, I prayed. "Please let me go." I begged as he moved into my mouth. I hit him and stuggled, but he held on. Soon, he was tracing my lips, my jaws...

"HELP" I yelled at the top of my voice. " Jase leave me know." I struggled harder as he continued his assualt. Suddenly, he was pulled away from me and I sank to the ground. Somewhere in the distance, I could hear Marge talking to me, I guess she had her arms around me as she tried to console me. But I was in my own world, my world of pain, of dark nights, of horrors and nightmares, I was shivvering and my heartbeat  was still all I could clearly hear. 

I remember cursing Karen for my predictament and then all went black.. like my life.....