"I- it wasn't like that," but it really was.

" I was upset with her because she wouldn't let me mark her willingly...and she had slept with another man," Caine spat out.

" And what exactly were the circumstances? Did you ask her why she slept with another man?" Gage looked right into his soul, Caine started to dislike the doctor.

" She had been taken by force by one of the alphas she killed-"

" So instead of helping her get over her past you forced her into mating with you. You raped her-"

"Yes but she got over it. Everything was fine. Lila even came to me for sex once- she chose it," Caine gripped the chair he was sitting in. His breathing was heavy and his heart beating faster than normal. 

" Caine, Lila is so emotionally damaged she had no idea what she was doing that night. I assure you. She was so messed up she didn't know right from wrong," Gage's voice was pushing him to the edge. He scribbled something his notepad.

Caine blew up, " I know what I did was wrong! Every time I look at her I regret everything thing I did to her! I don't want to hear your shit anymore, you're just telling me what I already know," Caine's growl was deadly. He stood up and shoved his chair back. He wanted to punch something.

Dr Gage leaned back and grinned, "Mr Caine, Lila will be fine physically very soon. Her wounds are all closed, she will be sore for a couple more weeks but other than that she'll be grand. It's not my business to stop you from mating with her, but she's still weak. Exercise and lots of food. She'll probably have nightmares for the rest of her life, her control over them will get better though. Lila will probably never be the same- but in time she'll be just fine."

Caine wanted to break Gage's fucking neck, "if you knew she'd be fine, why the fuck did I tell you all that?" He growled.

Dr Gage clicked his pen, " that was to help you Caine."

~

I dressed in the clothes the Doctor gave me and went to meet Caine. He was waiting for me just outside the front doors.

His fists  were clenched and his eyes were dark. He stopped pacing when I shut the door behind me, alerting him of my presence. Caine's eyes met mine and he relaxed a bit.

" I thought that it went pretty good Caine. He said I was healing just fine," I started slowly, careful not to say something wrong, "...why are you so upset?"

I could tell that he wanted to say something but instead all I got was;      " just leave it alone Lila."

I sighed.

" Its fine Caine. I just thought that you might've wanted to tell me. Mates don't keep secrets..." I tried guilting him into telling me but he clearly wasn't falling for the bait. Whatever, I was too tired to care anymore.

" It was nothing Lila. I'm serious."

I looked away. Hugging my arms around my body.  He grunted and reached for me. I stepped out of the the way, dodging his grip.

He growled, annoyed, but calmed himself down quickly. There were other wolves outside already and Caine probably decided he didn't want to embarrass himself by blowing up at me.

He starting walking towards the house. I followed right behind him, looking around at the few people outside.

It was barely four in the morning. When I questioned him about why we couldn't go during the day, he told me quiet down and eat my food. End of conversation.

I yawned, I wasn't sure if Caine would ever get a better attitude. Probably not.  He grumbled something that I couldn't hear and I sighed.

This is the last fucking person I wanted to see.