32. I don't hit girls

Start from the beginning

"Can you two not destroy my house?" Zack grumbles.

Thirteen looks over at him with a raised eyebrow before getting to her feet and holding out her hand to Chase, helping him off the floor.

"That depends." She replies to Zack while telling Chase, good match, after.

"On what?" He asks with narrowed eyes. She smirks.

"On how good a fighter you are." She spreads her legs shoulder length apart and gets into a fighting stance.

He looks scared. Good.

"No way." He says, waving his hands around as if trying to get his point across to her. I roll my eyes.

"You're not going to win this argument. The most you can do is save your breath for when you're about to pass out on the floor." I tell him. He glares and Thirteen rolls her eyes, mumbling something about childish.

"Fine." She shrugs as she takes a step off the mat.

"Really?" Zack questions suspiciously. She just shrugs again with her 'innocent' look plastered across her face.

"Oh yeah," She starts, "If you don't want to fight me that's fine." She walks up to him. "I'm sure one of the other boys would love to get a few hits in." I see him glance nervously in my direction.

"I'd be happy to fight him," I say, and watch as Chase tries to hide a smile. Zack visibly flinches. Thirteen just shakes her head.

"I know you guys are the best team in the agency." She starts. "But you guys do have ranks right? I mean Chase is obviously the leader because he's the best on the team, but what about the rest of you?" She asks me.

"Like you said, Chase is better than the rest of us, me and Jason are pretty much tied for second, and Devin's in last, but he is a really good agent," I reply, and she nods thoughtfully.

"Who's talking about me?" Jason questions as he pokes his head through the door.

"Jason you're fighting Zack." Thirteen says, completely ignoring his question.

"Why can't I do it?" She rolls her eyes at me.

"We both know the answer to that Cody." She mutters.

"Wait, I don't want to fight him!" Zack shouts and I turn to tell him to shut up but don't get the chance as Jason knocks him to the floor and begins throwing punches. Zack curses loudly.

"Someone certainly needed to get some anger out." Thirteen says simply before leaning on the wall and watching the fight.

Jason throws several punches Zack's way and Zack surprisingly dodges every one of them perfectly, until Jason's able to knock him to the floor again.

They go at each other for a while before Zack finally hits Jason with a solid punch to the jaw, causing him to stumble and Zack quickly knocks him to the floor, pinning him down.

"Not bad." Thirteen says as she goes and helps Jason up from the floor. Zack glares at her the entire time. "How much training have you had?" She asks, completely ignoring his death glare.

"Enough." He answers vaguely.

She scoffs. "Yeah, not enough."

"And why's that?" He questions, slight anger in his tone. I barely have a chance to blink before he's on his back and Thirteen's on top of him, pinning him to the ground.

"Cause you can't beat me." She says. I clench my fists on reflex. She stands. "You're fighting Chase." She states as she helps him up.

"No, I'm not." He says stubbornly. She gives him a look that clearly says what's going to happen if he doesn't fight Chase and finally he lets out a resigned sigh.