Chapter 2: Breaking Up

Start from the beginning

She swirled and face me with that soft eyes she thinks will work on me.

She's a good actress. The sudden changing of emotions in her eyes, her face is beyond me.

I gave a half- hearted chuckle but died down promptly, and pinned her with my sharp eyes. "Claire, Claire, Claire," shaking my head slowly. "You are talking to me," I gave her a pointed look. "Do you realize that there's nothing I can't do? That you can't hide things from me?" I asked, my sarcastic tone dropping to a dangerous level.

She looked appalled as she stepped back, all the while her eyes were locked on mine with weary. "I wasn't born yesterday, Claire. I know what are you doing, and I won't let someone laughed at my back, especially not you!" with my index finger pointing at her. "You honestly think you could fool me?" I scowled.

"Alex," she gulped as she searched something in my eyes. Then, she scoffed. "You love her, do you?" her voice quivering as she met my eyes, though her face is as hard as a stone.

Love?

I never felt one.

Please...

"Love?" I let out a loud chuckle devoid of emotion as I shook my head. "It doesn't exist, Claire!" still shaking my head as I turned to look at the night sky. It was like a black dome.

"I saw how you stare at her," she gritted out in contempt.

"Like what, Claire?" I dared as I turned again to meet her gaze. She let out a half smile, a mocking one.

She lifted her shoulder in a half shrug. "Like you adore her?" more like a statement than a question. "You never look at me that way," she added, her tone filled with bitterness.

I snorted. "You are blinded by these silly ideas about love, Claire. Clara Bell is the daughter of my parent's friend. I had to be polite to her, but we hated each other's gut since diapers!" I shook my head.

But she wasn't convinced. "I don't see hate, Alex," she gritted out. "You never look at me in that way, Alex. Never once!" her voice rising an octave as she balled her hands into fists.

I scowled at her.

"I will destroy you, Alex if you choose her over me. I don't care if you find someone else, but not her! She's my best friend for Pete's sake!" she spat furiously. Her eyes darkening with hatred.

I clenched my jaw as stood upright. All my muscles tensed up. Anger boiling, almost blinding me. I forced to keep my temper at bay.

Stepping forward, I loomed over her. She stepped back, her eyes flickering terror, but she tried to mask it as she puts a tough facade, but her eyes couldn't hide the intimidation.

"So you're threatening me?" I asked in a very low tone. My voice getting deeper as it toned down an octave, sounding ominous and more dangerous. She just stared at me with those dull gray eyes that held fear in its depth. "You know I can ruin your name in just one call, can't I?"

She held her chin up. She wasn't ready to back down. "Drag me down, and I will bring you with me, Alex. Together with the people you love!" with that, she spun on her heel and walked away with a strut.

Scowling darkly at her back, I watched her disappeared into the doorway.

I shook my head and decided to get back inside and perhaps celebrate. Finally, this relationship is over.

I roamed my eyes through the crowd. There was no sign of her. My shoulders sagged in disappointment.

I know she's determined to avoid me after that kiss. That kiss that turned my peaceful life upside down. Haunted me at night and had increased my bills in electricity and hydro, not that I know. My secretary had it all done for me.