Chapter 32: Not so good terms

Beginne am Anfang

“Do you know what we should do?” Trent piped in. We turned our attention towards him. “We should invite Adrian over, right, Logan?”

“NO!” I sounded like an old man when the words escaped my mouth. I came here to get away from him. “Maybe we should invite Jessie, huh?”

“I’m perfectly fine with that.” Trent smiled smugly. I stuttered over my words. Did this mean that he likes Jessie? Wait until she finds out! She’s going to be so happy! “Not that I’d, y’know, sleep with her but it’d be fun to have her around.” Trent blushed.

“You’re very open about your crushes, Trent.” Logan announced, kicking back on the sofa. “Fiona, why the sudden hostility against Adrian? I swear you seemed so… flirtatious around him before?” Logan wriggled his eyebrows and I felt my face warm up.

“I’m not hostile against Adrian and I was never flirtatious!” I snapped at Logan.

“Are you hostile with me for bringing up your hostility against Adrian?” Logan continued. I didn’t know he had such words in his vocabulary. “Or are you hostile with me for bringing up your flirtatiousness when you’re around Adrian?”

I nearly growled and dug a hole in the floor when the words escaped his mouth. Thankfully, Emilia came to my rescue. “Okay, okay, leave Fiona alone.”

“When she admits to her sudden flirtatiousness when she’s around Adrian.” Logan replied, smirking as he finished off Emilia’s popcorn. She was already prepared with a new bowl of the buttery goodness in her hands.

Emilia distracted him with a quick kiss to the mouth in which Trent groaned, placing his hands over his eyes. “I may be okay with you two dating, but I don’t like seeing you kiss.”

“You’re out of luck.” Emilia replied, sticking her tongue out at her brother. He just rolled his eyes at her immaturity. I, on the other hand, thought that was adorable and cooed.

“That’s adorable.” I smiled and Trent glared at me.

“Is not.”

“Is too.”

“Is not.”

“Is too.”

“I’ll get Adrian to come over.”

“No you won’t.”

“I so will.”

“I’ll choke slam you.” I threatened.

“This isn’t WWE.”

“I can change that.”

“I know something they don’t know.” Adrian challenged in a sing song voice.

“What?” Emilia replied, listening intently to our conversation while Logan sat upside down on the couch beside her.

“I just know that Fiona-.” I threw a pillow at him and it hit him in the face.

“You don’t trust me, Fiona?” Emilia frowned. I shook my head.

“I trust you; it’s him I don’t trust.” I replied, pointing to the boy sitting upside down.

“I can keep a secret. I promise.” Before I could reply to this, Trent was already shouting it.

“SHE LIKES ADRIAN!” Logan tried to sit up and ended up whacking his head on the table and Emilia smiled creepily at me.

“You’re such a jerk, Trent.” I spat in Trent’s direction. He just smiled innocently at me. Okay, maybe he wasn’t as innocent as I thought he was before. That’s why Jessie likes him.