Chapter 18: 6 out of 26

Chapter 18

I woke up to shouting and someone jumping on my bed. I sat up, running a hand through my hair as I blinked. I felt dizzy from sitting up so quickly.

“You need to get up! We need to go to the store or else your Aunt is going to have a fit!” Jessie shouted at me, placing her hands on my hips. I looked at her, amazed. How could she be standing 5 feet away but still jumping on my bed? I looked at the foot of my bed to see Adrian bouncing up and down on my bed like a 3 year old. Didn’t he go to bed around the same time I did? Wait just a second; didn’t I fall asleep on the roof? My eyes darted to Adrian’s, who were staring at my disheveled hair.

“Morning sleeping beauty, get up.” He snorted, standing up and exiting the room along with Jessie. I sat on the side of my bed, hanging my head down.

After I showered and changed into a pair of average navy blue jeans and a navy blue sweater that I randomly grabbed out of my closet, I let my hair dry after I brushed it. They were rushing me. I applied a layer of lip gloss and put on my socks with navy converse. I looked at my hair to see that it was frizzing so I quickly diminished that by using mousse. I looked in the mirror once more before I realized what exactly the shirt says.

‘Good Girls Love Bad Boys.’ I snorted at the perfect saying for this perfect event. Before I left my room, I quickly walked over to my ‘For Now Bucket List’ and crossed out whatever I completed.

Bucket List
1. Go on a real first date (with someone I actually like) for a picnic, I like picnics.
2. Get kicked out of a store, one I don’t go to because they might ban me and I can’t have that.
3. Skip school for a day and go out, not stay home.
4. Go on a rollercoaster at an amusement park, one that my instinct says ‘No’ to.
5. Dye my hair a crazy color, for example; dying the tips red or blue. Or maybe even a streak. (Or two.)
6. Dance in the rain with someone, hopefully a guy… who has abs, and happens to be shirtless but I’ll settle for Jessie if I have to.
7. Go to a drive in movie. I think this is pretty self-explanatory.
8. Throw a drink in someone’s face because they’re a jerk. (With Ethan.)
9. Pull an all-nighter and watch the sun rise on the roof, it seems fun. (With Adrian.)
10. Carve my name into a tree and hopefully it’ll stay there.
11. Go laser tagging, it seems amazing; lasers and tag.
12. Have a paint fight… an accidental one.
13. Go through a drive through on foot, it’ll tick off the worker and it’ll be fun!
14. Have a nerf gun fight, if I can get my hands on some.
15. Jump into a pool with all of my clothes on, or maybe get pushed. Ha, kidding.
16. Play Hide n Seek at midnight, its dark and fun. You have to play it with people you know though; you can’t play with an ex-convict because they can shank you.
17. Have a shopping cart race at Wal-Mart or any other large department store.
18. Go swimming at Midnight, it sounds adventurous and dangerous.
19. Buy white Converse and have people sign them, hopefully there isn’t anything bad on it, though. I may want to wear them to school.
20. Go to the Zoo, I’ve never been there and I really want to go.
21. Take pictures in a photo booth with either a guy that I like or a friend, it seems fun.
22. Play Hide N Seek in a store. If you get caught by a store clerk, pull a Velma. ‘My glasses, I can’t see without my glasses.’
23. Have a scary movie marathon. (With Jessie, Adrian, and Trent)
24. Have boys vs. girl’s water balloon fight… probably won’t happen. But one can dream, right?
25. Have someone win me a giant stuffed animal. And again, one can dream, right?
26. Get a boyfriend… and I repeat, one can dream!

I quickly walked outside of my room to see Jessie waiting impatiently. Her eyes raked over my outfit judgingly. What did she expect me to come out in? A sparkly red dress with designer heels? No, thank you. Her eyes read my shirt before they met mine.