Chapter 24: Detention and Suspension (11/26)

Chapter 24

“Are you going to explain now?” Jessie asked once we drove into her driveway. I nodded, getting my bag out of the car. I noticed that her mother’s car was not in the driveway. She saw this and frowned.

“Is everything okay?” I asked her, motioning to her mom’s car usual spot. She nodded assumingly before she smirked.

“Let’s get inside; I want to hear the story.” She told me and I nodded, allowing her to unlock the door.

After we made our way upstairs and I dropped my bag down, I let out a tiring sigh, over exaggerating slightly.

“I’m going to hit the sheets. Catch you later,” I waved and she yanked my arm. I let out a sigh before giving her a slight puppy dog face. “At least let me take a shower. I hate the smell of pool water.” I frowned and she nodded.

I took my bag into the bathroom, getting out the clothes I planned on wearing to bed. Unpacking my phone, I looked at it for a minute before remembering that I’d text Adrian when I got to Jessie’s.

My phone beeped in my hand, scaring the crap out of me. Incoming call from ‘Shirtless God.’ I sighed loudly before answering it, pressing the phone between my ear and my shoulder.

“What?” I asked Adrian, smirking. He let out a small laugh.

“Hello to you, too.” He replied and I gave the shirt that I was taking out of my bag a flat look.

“You act like we didn’t see each other 20 minutes ago.” I told him with a sigh and he laughed.

“Unfortunately I had to see you. I just wanted to make sure that you got there safely,” He laughed and I rolled my eyes, a small smile threatening to form on my lips. “So what’s up?” I stuttered for a moment.  

“Are you on the phone in there? It’s weird to be on the phone in the bathroom!” Jessie quizzed, pounding on the door.

“You’re in the bathroom?” Adrian asked and I coughed.

“No, well yeah, but I’m not, like, using the bathroom or anything. I’m getting ready for a shower.” I explained, digging myself into a deeper hole. It was silent for a minute.

“Do you have clothes on?” Adrian asked and I literally choked on air.

“No, Adrian. Yes, I’m fully clothes. I’ve got to go.” I scowled into the phone and Adrian laughed loudly.

“I’ll talk to you later, my love.” He replied before I shut the phone off. My heart fluttered slightly and I let out a long sigh.

After showering and changing into my pajamas, I exited the bathroom and Jessie had a bag in her hands. Her hair was still soaking wet.

“What’s that?” I asked, looking at the bag. She grinned.

“It’s your surprise.” She replied before I placed down my hockey bag. I furrowed my eyebrows.

“Okay, can I have it now?” I asked, smiling as I sat down on the couch. Jessie was seated on her bed. She shook her head.

“Not until you tell me the story.” She concluded and I shrugged, starting the story from the beginning.

__

“So you like him?” She asked and I nodded, giving her a look as if she was stupid.

“Didn’t we go over this about a week ago?” I retorted her and she shrugged.

“What are you going to do about it?” She asked me and I laughed before shaking my head.

“Nothing, absolutely nothing,” I replied and she gave me a confused look. “Sure we talk sometimes, he talks to everyone, sure we ‘flirt’ but he’s a flirt, and it doesn’t mean he likes me. We’re from two different groups and we’re polar opposites. He’s smooth with the ladies while I haven’t even had my first kiss yet.” I told her and she sighed, shaking her head.