Chapter 31: Wise Emilia

Edited

Chapter 31

Adrian’s Point Of View

I looked at my open window, annoyed. Her voice was loud in my quiet room. I was staring at the ceiling, thinking. Or at least I was trying to think.

“Blakey!” Blakey? Who is Blakey?

“Get off of my bed, Blakey.” He was on her bed?

I heard her giggle girlishly. When did she start giggling? She never giggles around me!

First Isaac, now Blakey? I curled my lips up in disgust. I grabbed my keys and got up, walking over to my window and slamming it shut. I left my room, passing Mattie’s on the way downstairs. I needed to talk to someone, someone who will take me seriously.

___

“Trent.” I was standing in the front of his house, leaning against the pillar that supported the second floor balcony. My eyes darted up to the doorway to see Emilia standing there with an eyebrow raised.

“No, Emilia.” She smiled, opening the door wider, allowing me to enter the house. After she closed the door, I turned to look at her.

She was wearing sweatpants and a large shirt that might be Logan’s. It’s not rare that Em was wearing ‘chill day’ clothes; she rarely cared about what she dressed like. That’s one of the things I liked best about Em, she is never trying to impress anyone. She already had Logan wrapped around her finger. She’s like my older sister.

“Where’s Trent?” I asked her, expecting him to be in his room or in the lounge. Those are places where Trent likes to hang out, usually playing videogames or on his computer.

“He’s out with Jessie.” She replied casually, bypassing me and walking into the living room. I let out a sigh as I ruffled my hair.

“When do you think he’ll be back?” I asked, shifting from foot to foot awkwardly. I glanced at the television.

She was sitting on the recliner, chocolate and popcorn surrounding her. Twilight was on; it was around the part where Jacob was standing shirtless in the rain talking to Bella. She was talking to him about why he’s been avoiding her… not that I know or anything.  

“Not for an hour or two. Why, something bothering you?” She asked, turning to look at me with a half-eaten candy bar sticking out of her mouth. I shook my head, staring down at my red Supras. “C’mon, Ade, I’ve known you for years, you can talk to me about anything.”

I shifted on my feet again before walking over to the couch across from her and plopping down, the familiar material beneath my hands. “Does being jealous automatically mean you like someone?” I randomly blurted.

This caught Em off guard and she bit the inside of her lip for a moment before furrowing her eyebrows. “It depends on the situation really. You can be jealous of your best friend’s new friend because they’re spending time with your best friend more than you or you can be jealous of a guy who talks to a girl you like. Why?”

“Oh no reason, when was the last time you talked to Fio-Fiona?” I asked her, trying to avoid eye contact. Was I being discreet enough? She can’t possibly know that I care about Fiona, right?

“A few days ago on Friday, why do you ask?” She was amused. Did she know anything? She can’t… right? This Blake person just started appearing… unless she only told Em and Jessie.

“Did she say anything about a Blake guy?” I furrowed my eyebrows, looking up at her to see she was smirking. Why was she smirking? She shook her head.