Chapter 32: Not so good terms

Chapter 32

I placed the phone to my ear, dialing Emilia’s number. After a few rings, she picked up. “Hey, how’s it going?”

“Would you mind me, uhm, coming over?” I asked her.

“Sure! You want to spend the night?” Her voice was perky. I bit my lip.

“Yeah, if it’s all right with you.” I replied, starting to pack a bag.

“If it wasn’t, would I offer?” Emilia laughed and I smiled.

“I’ll be there in 20.” I told her before hanging up. After packing clothes, my phone charger, and my bucket list, I walked downstairs with Blake in my hands along with my bag over my shoulder.

“I’m spending the night at a friend’s, can you watch Blake?” I asked my Aunt. She shrugged, taking the small dog in her hands and cooing. He just stared at her with a stupid expression on his face, it was adorable.

“Who’s house?” She asked me, petting the small dog before looking up at me.

“Emilia’s house.” I told her and she raised an eyebrow. “You don’t know her.”

“Okay. Call when you get there, love you!” My Aunt said as I walked towards the door. I got into my car and drove off to Emilia’s.

When I walked up the stairs to the house, Emilia was already on the porch. She had her phone in her hands and was sitting on the swinging seat. She had her hand on the spoon sitting in her mouth while her other hand was scrolling on her phone. A pale of ice cream was sitting in her lap. Her eyes looked up when she heard my footsteps. “Fiona!” It sounded a lot like ‘Pee-own-uh’ but I caught the drift.

The spoon fell from her mouth and I laughed while she frowned at it. She walked over to me and encased me in a hug before opening the door for me. “My dogs are away.” She warned me and I sighed in relief.

“Can I take a shower?” I asked her and she nodded.

“I’m going to get a selection of movies while you’re in there. Don’t take too long.” I took my bag with me towards the bathroom she pointed at.

___

I quickly got dressed in my ducky pajamas. Stupid me, I packed the most idiotic pajamas that I own. Well, it was only Emilia.

I entered the living room while I shook my head, my hair was damp. “Hey!” A male voice announced. My eyes darted up.

“Hey, Trent.” I smiled. Wasn’t this awkward? I was spending the night at my best friend’s crushes house? Well, not for him but for his sister.

“What’re you doing here?” He asked with a smile. “Not that I don’t want you here, it’s just… you understand what I’m saying, right?”

“Yeah, I’m spending the night with Emilia.” I replied and he nodded, kicking back on the couch. I dropped my bag. His eyes widened suddenly.

“I let the dogs out.” He exclaimed. Though it seemed that he was quoting a song, he was talking about his two dogs that were only fond of people that they knew. I nearly superman punched through the ceiling and onto the roof when he said that. “I’m joking; you should have seen your face. I haven’t seen pure terror like that since I pushed Logan off of the roof!”

“You pushed Logan off of a roof?” I asked, my mouth widening in shock.

“Yeah. There was a trampoline at the bottom so I was safe, scared, but safe.” A different voice replied. I turned to see Logan stuffing his face with Emilia’s popcorn. Where had that girl gone? I walked over and sat on a separate sofa.