King Louis had created a rule-when a girl turns eighteen, on the First of January they will be sent to his kingdom to have to be auctioned off. Men were used for work around the palace even if Vampires were plenty capable of doing work themselves.

Sadly, I had reached the age 18 a few months ago. The date was January 1st. I was currently sitting in a train, shivers running down my spine as I waited quietly with the others.

Hundreds of girls were aboard the train, some crying, some screaming. One girl attempted to kill herself by trying to jump off the train through the window. Bad move on her part. Before she could fling herself out, a man was by her side, throwing her to the ground. She screamed in fear as the vampire over powered her, grabbing her neck and placing her on her feet.

"One human girl absent from the auction won't matter." He hissed before biting into her neck. Screams filled the train room as everyone scrambled away from them as the girl let out sharp gasps of pain. Blood wet her white dress as she her eyes met mine. She mouthed something to me-help.

Suddenly the man was flung off of her. The girl let out a raspy breath as she was thrown on the floor. Everyone's eyes were on the two vampires. The man who had been feeding off the girl was pinned to the wall, eyes wide as the other vampire who seemed superior to him grabbed him by the throat.

"Stefan, you know that the king wants every.single.one." he snarled. "and to top that what an un graceful way to feed."

"I-I'm sorry Sir Gerald! She tried to escape!" Stefan gasped frantically. From hearing his name, I knew instantly that he was a low ranked vampire.

Here in the current world, even vampires had ranks. The lowest rank was Citizen. My grandmother had educated me on the rules and ranks of vampires to prepare me for this day. Those vampires were 'regular' vampires who acted like citizens of this country. They had no power in the kingdom and were just plain normal. They were the typical vampire off the street. They were just called by their regular name.

Next was Sir. The vampire here, Sir Gerald was an example. He had enough power to command the citizens and from the looks of it he was put in charge of getting us to the palace.

The second best ranking were 'Knights'. They were the fighters of the kingdom. They were trained to fight and excelled in strength.

The highest ranking-besides King- was Lord. There were only four Lords in the world, all appointed by the King. They were the strongest vampires, with powers beyond imagination. They were the Kings inner group who got the best of the best. They were feared- and for good reason too. If you some how offended one that would be a death sentence.

Stefan, the vampire was still pinned against the wall, his eyes wide and scared. Even if Sir Gerald did not rank that high, he was still classed higher than him.

"Did anyone ever teach you the proper way to feed?" Sir Gerald sneered, his eyes turning red with anger. " Your lucky one of the train guards was poisoned last week, other wise you would have never had this position!" He let him go, walking towards the shivering girl on the ground. Glaring at Stefan he bit his wrist before shoving it into the girls mouth.

"There. Fixing your mess for you." Sir Gerald growled. "At least my blood will heal her faster than yours. She'll be as good as new by the time we get to the palace."

Sir Gerald grabbed Stefan's sleeve, pulling him out the door to the next cart. As soon as they were gone we all crouched down next to the still bleeding girl on the floor.

"Did it hurt?" I whispered which the girl responded to by nodding slightly. She cried, holding her neck in her hands. Even if vampire blood was in her system, it was weak since it was only Sir Geralds.

Another girl reached down, stroking the fallen girls cheek gently. Her hair was blond and her blue eyes were filled with sadness and fear.

"I'm Lily." I told her. I felt the need to befriend this sad girl who seemed scared inside but tried to hide it carefully. She looked up a small smile on her lips.

"I'm Perrie." Perrie raised her hand for me to shake and I took it gratefully. At least I wasn't going to be in this alone. "Where are your from?"

"New York, and you?"

"South Shields." She said. "I'm quite home sick already. Did you see how Stefan was with-" Perrie looked down at the girl who opened her eyes now to look at us.

"Serine." She whispered before closing her eyes again, shuddering in pain from the sloppy bite.

"-with Serine? I don't want that to happen to me everyday when some Citizen feels hungry."

"Maybe you'll be with a Sir or a Knight?" I told her hopefully. At least from what I heard Sirs and Knights were much better at feeding, making it hurt less for us humans.

"You know that most vampires at the auctions will be citizens. Once in a while a Sir or a Knight will attend but you know that they only want the best blood." Perrie stated. It was true, the odds of getting a nice vampire were slim, then again no vampire was nice. They were monsters after all. I came to terms with that as soon as I had seen Serine get attacked just now.

"I wish I could just get out of this you know? My family back in South Shields tried to escape when I was thirteen, Of course we got caught." she seemed far away now, looking out the window as we sat by each other.

"Yet your still alive." I said in awe-admiration. Everyone who tried to escape was killed, yet some how she had avoided death.

"I was saved. Believe it or not by a vampire."

"Must have been a pretty high classed vampire." After all, there was no way any plain vampire could have negotiated her death sentence.

"It was a lord." I couldn't help but let a gasp escape my lips. A lord, the highest ranking vampires beside the king had saved Perrie after her and her family had tried to escape.

"It was Lord Zayn Javadd Malik. I don't know why he did it, but ever since then I can never truly hate the vampires. If a Lord as high ranking as him can show compassion then I believe anyone can."

We say silently as I processed this. I'd heard of Lord Zayn Jawadd Malik, often just going by as Lord Zayn. I had heard stories about him- none of them good. Yet why had he saves the thirteen year old girl named Perrie? What made him show some compassion.

'If a Lord as high ranking as him can show compassion then I believe anyone can.' Perrie's words echoed in my head as I looked around at the quivering girls around me.

"Do you truly believe that?" I asked softly.

"I truly do."