Godric's Hollow

After Cassie enjoyed her  breakfast and groaned at the complete absurdity of her and Sirius'  horoscope, he told her that he wanted to take her to see his house in  Godric's Hollow.

"Oh? Sounds like fun. Think the roads are clear enough to drive on?"

"Not the back roads surely, but the main roads are by now."

She cradled her chin in  her hand. "Erm, and just how are you going to manage to drive on snow  and ice to get us to those main roads, pray tell?"

Sirius turned his head  and stared at her for a moment as he folded his arm before him and  leaned on the table and moved in closer to her. "The bike flies, remember? Just a few millimeters above the ground is all it'll take, but  yes, we're going to fly."

She nodded and sipped on her coffee. "Oh. How come we don't just apparate there?"

"Because I haven't been in there for over a year. No telling what's in there?"

"You mean like wild critters?"

"Of the two-legged variety," he said as he sat upright again.

"A squatter? How about outside then?"

He shook his head. "No can do, Dee. Besides, there are muggle families living on either side and I know that the one has kids. The other is an older couple with  teenagers. I think their kids have bikes--that's one of the reasons I  bought the house in the first place. I figured that I'd fit in."

"Oh. So it's like a real neighborhood?"

"Well, yeah. What were you expecting? A palatial estate?"

She chuckled. "No, silly."

"Why don't you go get your jacket and scarf? It's going to be a bit of a long ride."

"Okay, I wanna go check on Daddy and the Bothers first though, okay? They should have been down here by now."

He admired her sense of duty to family and smiled. "Alright then," he replied warmly as he picked up the paper again.

They heard squealing or  screaming from out in the main corridors, and since it sounded like  little kids, they looked to each other, both completely startled and  concerned. They both leaped up from the heavy bench and grabbing each other's hands, darted for the doors and ran out into the corridor.  Cassie realized just how fast and strong Sirius actually was, as he practically dragged her there...she felt airborne for a few moments.  They saw that the twins already had an audience and looked up to find  that Sammy was high up in the air on a school-issued broom stick, very close to the ceiling and then saw Joey hopping up and down on a moving  staircase.  "Samuel Michael come back down to Earth right now," Cassie  yelled.

"I can't! I don't know how it works! I'm trying to get Joey!"

"Hey Sissy! I'm stuck,"  Joey yelled as he waved down from one of the upper most staircases. She thought that very odd because Joey was very good at puzzles and she was  aware that this is what the moving staircases were designed to do.

Cassie looked to Sirius  and watched his eyes follow the maze of staircases quickly as he used to  do when he was a student when trying to escape from a teacher or a  prefect. "Can you get to Joey?"

"On it," he replied. "You get Sammy--Hasn't he ever been on a broom before?"

She shook her head. "Nope."

"Oh no, of course not! Good luck then?"

"Thanks," she said flatly. "Hey, what's the incantation for--"