“Wala lang. Kase… ah, basta! Ngayon ko pa lang kasi sasabihin sa babae na crush ko…” he faltered, again.

And I caught myself smiling an ear-to-ear and intrepid smile. Slowly, I nodded my head as I narrowed my eyes. “You had had a crush on me?” I asked, in a teasing tone.

He buried his head on both of his hands as he swore. I know I promised him that I wouldn’t laugh but I just couldn’t take the chest ache. Everyone knows how hard it is hold back yourself from laughing a good laugh. “Really? You had a crush on me ever since?” I asked, in between my snorts. “Blake, I thought you hated me!”

“I did hate you. Pero… shit, can we drop it?!” he asked, quite t-off.

I just shrugged, agreeing. I took a deep breath and leaned my head on his shoulder. I looked up the bright sky. It was still too far from night, thankfully, because I don’t want this day to come to an end any time soon. I held my hand up, as if sizing up the clouds with my fingers. Nonchalantly, I told Blake, “I did, too. Actually, yes, I had a crush on you, too.”

For a moment there, he stopped breathing. A second after, he slowly looked at me with widened eyes. “Talaga? Sabagay, wala naman talagang makakatiis sa charms ko eh,” he said cockily.

I only rolled my eyes. “You moron. That was sarcasm, idiot! You know how much I hated you to no end. I would give up everything to see you be tortured.”

“Ganun ka talaga naiinis sa’kin?” he asked.

I nodded, and suddenly feeling a bit sleepy, I closed my eyes and leaned my head back on his shoulder. Abruptly, Blake switched to this romantic boyfriend attitude of his by saying, “Why didn’t I meet you nineteen years ago?”

I fought the blush that was already occupying my hot cheeks. Sarcasm. Yes, sarcasm is a good comeback. “Because, if you did…” I said slowly. “Your head would be hanging on my wall.”

I felt his head on top of mine. His arm snaked around my shoulder, keeping us so close to each other. I loved the heat his body is giving off. I loved the tingles he sent me whenever he touched me. I loved the smiles that curve my lips up when he makes me feel that he would always be here. I loved it when we are so close, because I know I am not alone.

And he would not let me alone.

The last thing I remembered is me sleeping on his shoulder after we talked about some stuffs—dreams, to be specific.

***

At exactly, 8 in the evening, Blake dropped me off to my unit. And since I forgot to bring my keys, I knocked on the door. In a spur of moment, Dad was already on the door, eyeing Blake. Not disgustingly. Not with distaste. But with anger and hatred.

This was normal, anyway. No biggie.

I smiled at dad. “Hi! Dad, you realized I wanted to go inside?” I asked him.

He flashed me a small smile, before then, I kissed his cheek swiftly and went inside. I was already seated on the couch, when I realized…

“Dad! Are you two just going to keep staring at each other like that? It’s giving me creeps!” I shouted as I rolled my eyes at Vincent who was making a face.

“Vincent,” dad called.

“Yeah, dude?” he countered.

“You think it’s a great idea to let a weirdo inside?”

“Nope, don’t think so,” Vincent replied lazily as he lied on his back on the carpet, facing the TV, with a bowl of honey loops beside him.

Irritated, I kicked him on the side and frowned at him. “What?” he mouthed. As an answer, I kicked him again, this time, harder.