C 7 : LET'S GO

"You are going." , Damon insisted.

"No way. Not a chance." , I said ,trying to fre myself from his grasp

"Yes. You are . I'll make sure you don't get too caught up with my performance." ,he winked.

I made an incredulous expression. "Suuuuure. Like I would. "

-

I clenched my jaw and crossed my arms over my chest. I looked up at Damon with a sour expression. "Remind me how you got me here."

Damon put an arm over my shoulders, pulling me closer. "Ah.. chilll, girl."

"No. Really - a psychologist . at a strip club ? Why ? .. " I asked exasperated. "Damon- did you drug me then drag me here ? Because I'm sure that I didn't  agree to this. "

"You said you were going out to buy some drinks."

"Yeah and by drinks , I meant orange juice for the kids ,who are currently sitting at home expecting me to be back in 20 minutes with a carton of juice !"

"Hey, you said you were going to buy drinks. So, I'm here. Buying you a drink. Capiche ?" 

"I don't want a peach."

"Ca-pi-che ..", Damon pronounce every letter . "Understood? Got it ? Are you clear ?"

"Crystal. " I mumbled, rolling my eyes and letting myself out.

"Hey ! Hey !", Damon shouted after me, grabbing my arm. "Where yah goin' ? I'm on in 10 . You can't leave ! You don't have a ride !" 

"I have money . And with the money, I can call a cab." , I said curtly . i turned on my heels and -

"Dude !!", I screamed. Damon pulled me back by my pony tail. Ow !! 

Suddenly, I realised that I was dragged . Like, literally GRAGGED into a room full of costumes and.... underwear ?!

I turned around and "Oh GOD !"  I shouted , looking up and instantly bringing my hand to my eyes. 

"She's something, isn't she." , a guy chuckled.

"Haha very funny. " 

"Hey- you can look now. ", Damon told me. 

"Maintaining my position, I said "I don't even want to. I'm scarred . for . life ." 

Loud music erupted from the speakers ,then before I knew it, Damon and his friend were gone. Probably on -

"Urghhh !!" screeching sounds came from the speakers .

Damon appeareed from the curtains, almost completely naked. I faced my face to him.

"Umm.. you don't happen to know how to be a DJ, do you ?" , he asked nervously. "Or.. maybe - fix some stuff."

"What stuff? ", I asked, still not looking !

"Broken ... stuff. "

"That's helpful!", i said sarcasticly.

"Ok, come here ..", He took me by my arm and pulled me out onto the stage and to where the music controls are. " This." Damon gestured to the .. umm.. thing .. they use to control music.

 "I can't.. It's .. complicated and it's probably wet through by now. ", i stated ,looking around. Even a non experienced person would know this. "What - ?" 

"Don't even ask..", Damon said sourly.

He looked around. Then pulled me to an uninterested band ( they look like the people who plays music when the stippers aren't on, wow that's just .. mean.  )

"You have to stop dragging me. "

The main stage curtains were drawn and the crowd sounded disappointed. 

"You sing. ", Damon asked , more like demanded. 

"Sort... of", I mumbled.

"Great !" , and went to the other .. um.. strippers. 

"What ?" , I shouted after him "Who sings at a strip club ??" I shouted 

Great ! More of them strippers . Haven't they ever heard of proper clothing ?!

He introduced them " Here's Jace , Matt , Travis  and Mike." 

Worst things was : They are in their underwear . In fact, those.. things.. they wore was like... not wearing anything at all ! 

I looked away . "Ookay. " 

"C'mon - you can look at us. ", Jace said. "We're not that ugly. "

"No thank you.  and trust me ; it's  not the ugly. "

"Here's Jake. " Damon pointed to a guy coming to us. 

"You singin' or what ?" ,Jake demanded.

I scowled. "Someone's desperate. "

"Yeah ! It's be because of you if we don't get our night's pay !", he accused.

I look at Jake in disbelief. "Me? " , I demanded, crossing my arms over my chest. 

"Hey .. take it easy, dude. " Matt said, patting Jake on the shoulder. then whispered "She's a shrink .", although I can hear it, but I think that was the point. Some of them laughed .

"And there you have it ! You have lost your singer !", i announced