C 14 : intruder alert !!

As expected, I didn't even think about home.

I was way too busy with lectures, reports, course work and research.

Matt ate dinner with me every few days. On other days, he would be with his roommates and friends. While he was with his friends, I would be in my room. Alone.

I made a few friends and all the friends I had had boyfriends and they actually had a life here. All I had was me, myself and I. Lonely world I live in.

-

One night when Matt and I were supposed to have dinner, Matt did the one thing I never would've thought he would do. He cancelled on me.

Well, I should have expected as much. He did have friends and he really shouldn't have spent so much of his time with me. We were just friends and after thinking it through, it looks like I was holding him back. I didn't want that to happen, so I just told him through text that it was fine that he had to cancel. I also added in a lame excuse of me also being very busy.

Lie.

I paced in my room which was shared with another two girls who rarely even sleep here. They went out to who knows where aft every class, then they come back late at night and sometimes super early in the morning. Smetimes, theydon't come back at all and they turn up the next morning in class. So, most of the time I had the whole room all to myself.

I feel so freeeeee !!!

Not.

I felt isolated and abandoned.

I leaned back and crashed onto my bed on my back. I let out a sigh and closed my eyes. I enjoyed the cool air conditioned air that filled the room. I heard the door creak open and I ignored to see who it was. For sure it wasn't Matt, although I did give him a spare key for emergencies. It mustv'e been the girls I share my room with; Connie and Roxxenne.

I felt a rough kick at the end of my wooden bed that practically made the whole room shake. I grunted and rolled to my side.

thud.

There it goes again! Sheesh !

"Go make an earthquake at another dorm room!", I grunted.

I heard male voices and laughter.

Thud.

"Go awaaaayy!" I moaned "If you wanna kidnap me, do it some other time!" I waved a lazy hand at the intruders.

"She didn't realise...", a guy whispered and stiffled a laugh.

"Shhhhh!" , another guys said and chuckled.

How many people are in here ?!?

I gave up.

I opened my eyes and found 6 guys standing at the end of my bed and grinning down at me.

"What dahh- Holy shhhhhuuuuaaaaahhhhhellfish! "

I rolled over and fell over and onto the hard wooden floor.

"Look who woke up on the wrong side of the bed.", Mike teased.

Wait- Mike ?