Chapter 22

Natsu POV:
I glance at the clock hanging above the hospital bed for the thirty-fourth time.

Eleven.

Lucy and I have been at the hospital for more than four hours.

From waiting for a room, taking x-rays, and now waiting for the results, we've missed four periods already.

My eyes move from the clock and onto Lucy.

She sits on the hospital bed; her left arm holds onto her right, and her gaze is fixated on the wall.

"Luce, you okay?" I ask in concern.

No reply.

"Luce?" I question again.

Lucy snapped out of her trance and answered, "Huh? Oh yeah, I'm fine."

"What was that about?"

Just as I was about to ask her, the door opened.

The doctor, Dr. Porlyusica, stepped inside the room, in her hands I assume are Lucy's x-rays.

"Well Lucy, looks like you fractured your right arm." Dr. Porlyusica announced.

A distressed sigh is released from Lucy's mouth.

"How bad is it?" I ask, now standing up and walking towards the hospital bed.

Dr. Porlyusica turns off the lights in the room, and walks towards the x-ray machine.

She places the x-rays on the machine, then turns it on.

"It's not that bad, a small fracture is all. Luckily, there is no need for surgery; a cast and some pain medicine will do the trick." Dr. Porlyusica explains.

I release the breath that I didn't realize I was holding in.

"Thank god."

Dr. Porlyusica walks towards Lucy.

She places her hand on Lucy's bad arm, which causes Lucy to flinch.

"I just need to get this in a cast, then in about a month it will be as good as new." Dr. Porlyusica states.

She releases her hand and heads towards the door.

Before she leaves, she turns her head back and questions, "I'm going to go get the supplies for the cast, any specific color you want?"

"Pink, please." Lucy responds.

"Alright." Dr. Porlyusica says as she closes the door behind her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About Forty-five minutes later, Lucy and I walk out of the hospital's front doors.

"Well, at least it's not that bad." I try to reassure her.

A smile forms on her face.

"I guess you're right." She says.

Pulling out my phone from my pocket, I check the time.

"Wow, it's already almost twelve!" I exclaim.

Lucy's head droops down.

"I'm really sorry about this, we've missed most of the day because of me." Lucy whimpers.

I place my hand on her head.

"I told you there's nothing else in the world that I'd rather be doing right now, except being with you." I explain.

Her smile grows.

"Also," I continue with a wide grin, "it's because of you that we get to go have fun!"