Chapter 11

Lucy POV:
I wake up on this Saturday morning feeling eager and enthusiastic.

Quickly leaping out of my bed, I make my way towards my closet. Grabbing my pink and white flowered bathing suit, a long pink sundress, and a floppy hat, I head to my bathroom to get ready.

Once finished, I happily hop down the stairs, forgetting about the other resident living in the house.

"Where's my sweet little girl going on this fine Saturday morning?" My father asked with a smirk.

He stands in the kitchen while holding onto the open refrigerator door; his expression was sarcastic and slick.

Surprisingly, my "answer" didn't provoke him this time, or so I thought.

Just as I was going to make my escape, my father grabs my head and slams it against the door I was attempting to leave from.

Still holding onto my head, he turns me around and draws me closer to him. I can feel his hot, nasty breath on my neck as he moves closer to my ear.

"Have a fun day, my angel." He whispers.

My father pulls back, but not before he places a wet kiss on my forehead.

He walks away with huge smirk on his face.

Utterly disgusted about what just happened, I run outside and make my way to Natsu's house with a slight headache.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once I arrive, I gently knock on the door. When the door opened, it revealed Natsu wearing a red shirt and black swim trunks. A big smile was spread across his face; overall, he looked really cute.

"Hey Luce! Come on in!" He greeted and moved aside to let me walk forward.

"Gajeel and Levy will be here soon; we're gonna ride with them. The others already made their way to the beach to get a spot." Natsu informed.

"Okay, I can't wait!" I exclaim.

After about ten minutes, Gajeel and Levy arrive.

"Hi Lu-chan! Hi Natsu!" Levy greeted through the open car window as Natsu and I walked down the steps.

"Hi Levy-chan! Hey Gajeel!" I reply back and give them both a wave.

We both get in the car and then together we all drive to the beach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natsu POV:
After about a twenty minute drive, we make it to the beach.

Lucy and Levy literally burst out of the car with excitement.

When Gajeel and I soon follow their steps, I can't help but stare at Lucy.

Her eyes light up with joy, and a smile forms on my face at the sight.

"Oi Natsu! Help me get this stuff!" Gajeel called from the back of the car, unfortunately interrupting my gazing.

"Alright, I'm coming." I reply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I think Juvia and the rest are close by." Levy says as we continue to search for our friends.