Chapter 14

Lucy POV:
The constant annoying beeping coming from my pink alarm clock forces me to get up from my deep slumber.

Once on my feet, I stumble to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

After about fifteen minutes of pampering and preparations, I emerge out of the bathroom ready for school.

Finally slipping on my shoes, I quietly walk out of my room and down the stairs.

To my luck, my father seemed to still be sleeping, so I rushed out of the little dwelling I unfortunately call home.

As I begin to skip down the sidewalk I become excited to see Natsu.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natsu POV:
Closing the door behind me, I hop down the steps leading down to the sidewalk. I glance to my right to notice a joyful Lucy waving at me.

I wave back at her as I wait for her to reach me.

Once she does, I greet her with, "Morning Luce!"

She smiles and responds with, "Good morning Natsu."

We start chatting about little things before I blurt out, "I'm glad you had fun this weekend; I wanted to make you feel better because... I don't like it when you're sad."

My eyes turn to meet her surprised ones.

A blush creeps onto my face as I continue," I mean it... I love it when you're smiling and laughing. Please stay like that."

Still gazing into her eyes, I notice little tears forming in the corners of them.

A smile spreads across her face as she says, "It's all thanks to you."

She then suddenly wraps her arms around me.

Shocked and blushing even harder, I return her hug and softly say, "No problem Luce... anything for you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucy POV:
As I pull away from our hug and Natsu and I continue the journey to school, his words remind me what Levy told me.

"I believe love is when you would do anything and everything for that person, no matter what."

My heart beats rapidly and I feel my cheeks heat up, as I replay what he said in my mind.

"No problem Luce... anything for you."

"Maybe they're right... maybe Natsu loves me...but I can't just assume that! I mean... maybe? He's the only person who was ever nice to me when I was all alone... and he makes me so happy. Does that mean... I love him? Ugh this is so confusing!" I mentally argue with myself.

Natsu, noticing the strange expression I'm probably wearing, asks, "Luce, you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine! I was just thinking about... uh...the weekend!" I somewhat lied, I mean I did think about what Levy told me over the weekend.

He glances at me for a second before answering, "Okay!"

After about another five minutes of conversing, Natsu and I arrive at school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The school day consisted of the usual boring teachers, fun lunch antics, and going through most of my pencil lead as a result of all the assignments.

As I put my things in my locker, the final bell rings; dismissing us from the clutches of the school faculty.

Grabbing my bag, I head outside in the hopes of finding Natsu waiting for me.