Chapter 17

Lucy POV:
A loud slam awakes me from my slumber.

"Natsu! We're home!" a girl's voice squeaked.

My eyes flutter open to see a half asleep Natsu above me.

Realizing my position, a blush creeps onto my cheeks as I quickly sit up.

A girl with long, dark blue hair appears in front of Natsu and I.

She wears the same uniform as us, but her sweater is a dark navy.

"Hi Big Brother!" the young girl shrieks as she jumps into Natsu's lap.

Unfazed by the sudden outburst, Natsu replies while rubbing his tried eyes, "Hey Wendy."

Wendy, Natsu's little sister, looks towards me in confusion.

"Hey Natsu," she curiously asks while pointing at me, "who's this? Is she a friend of yours?"

Natsu smiles and answers, "This is Lucy, and yes she's one of my friends."

Wendy gets off of his lap and scoots closer to me. She puts out her hand and politely says, "I'm Wendy! It's nice to meet you Lucy!"

I accept her hand and say, "It's nice to meet you too, Wendy."

"What grade are you in?" I ask her.

"I'm in 7th grade! I go to Fairy Middle, but in two years I'll be going to Fairy High! I'll get to wear your uniform, and I'll have a big locker. It's gonna be great!" Wendy excitedly answers.

A giggle escapes my mouth during her excitement.

"What's so funny?" She questions.

"Nothing, it's just that you're so cute!" I admit.

Wendy lets out a short laugh as well.

"Thank you, but I think you're the prettiest one here." Wendy compliments.

"Aw thank you!" I reply with a smile.

Looking up towards Natsu, who's grin has grown bigger, I question, "What time is it?"

"Um, let's see," he says as he reaches for his phone in his pocket, "it's... 9:30!"

"Do you want me to walk you home?" Natsu offers.

"Sure!" I accept.

"I'll see you later Wendy!" I say while gathering my things.

"Okay! Bye!" Wendy exclaims.

"Bye Mrs. Grandeeney!" I shout while approaching the front door.

"Bye Lucy! Maybe next time we all could have dinner? Say tomorrow?" She suggests

"I'd love to." I respond.

Natsu holds the door open for me as I give Grandeeney and Wendy one last wave.

Together, Natsu and I walk outside into the cool night air.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After about ten minutes we arrive at my house.

Looking up at the steps and then back at him, I give Natsu a hug.

A little taken back by my action, it takes him a moment before he returns my hug.

"I had fun this afternoon, thank you Natsu."