Chapter 10

Lucy POV:
As I walk down the stairs, the pain from last night still surges throughout my body. My thigh aches with each step I take, but I endure it.

Luckily my father isn't awake yet, so I slip out of the house as quickly and quietly as possible.

Once outside, I start walking and await for Natsu's arrival.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natsu POV:
"Bye mom!" I shout while shutting the front door behind me.

As I walk down the steps, I notice Lucy strolling towards me.

While waiting for her to reach me, I stare at her; her facial expression shows discomfort and unpleasantness.

"Something's wrong."

"Hey Luce!" I greet, as I take my usual spot next to her.

She puts on a not so convincing smile and says, "Good morning Natsu."

After noticing her fake smile, I knew for sure that something was definitely up.

"Luce, you know you can talk to me right?" I question.

"Of course I know that." She answers.

A few seconds of silence pass before I suggest, "Well then, why don't you?"

All becomes silent, and it becomes unbearable rather quickly.

When I speak again, I admit," I can tell something's wrong Luce."

More silence is shared between us.

"My dad and I aren't getting along very well." Lucy speaks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucy POV:
He looks at me in confusion, then asks, "Why?"

I hesitate to answer his question.

"I don't want to get him involved... he might get hurt."

"He always gets mad at everything I do; no matter what I do he still is furious." I explain.

"Oh, I'm sorry Luce." Natsu apologizes.

We walk the rest of the way to school in silence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I hate gym." A complaint escapes my mouth while changing into my gym uniform.

Annoyed at how short my pants are, I exit the locker room, not remembering about the now visible bandage wrapped around my thigh.

Once inside the gymnasium, all the girls and I start playing basketball.

When the game finished all the girls were excused to take a break on the benches; it was the guys' turn to play now.

Sitting upon one of the many benches, I watch as Natsu scores yet another point.

"He looks so cute..." I think while mentally thanking the school for making the boys uniform shirt a tank top.