Chapter VIII

The second Arc: Magic Arc

"Nightmare Catcher"

3rd Person's POV

Miyoko found herself in what seemed was a basement cell. The only light source was the moonlight coming from the barred window, which so cruelly lit up the girl curled up in the middle of the room.

"Hey you", Miyoko tried to speak to the girl, but it seemed the little blonde wasn't aware of her presence. She didn't respond.

She was quiet, lying there lifelessly. She didn't react to anything, before the lock on the wooden cell door glowed purple and it opened.

In walked a woman who seemed to be in her mid forties. The girl raised her head to look at the woman, opening her eyes to reveal a pair of faded irises, much more so than by the woman.

"Come my child, I've found a solution for my- our problems. It's close, don't worry, you won't have to walk", the woman said, and with every two words took a step forward, stopping and bending over to grab the girls forearm.

The girl never broke eye contact with her mother, and as she stood up, she smiled slightly. "Really?",  she said in a hoarse voice. A kind of voice one would have, when he or she had not spoken in a long time.

"Yes really", the mother smiled at her, shedding tears of happiness. Just as the girl was to stand on her own two legs a wobbly stool materialize underneath her feet. "What?", she whispered, and a noose wrapped itself around her neck.

"It's a solution my child, don't worry, it will soon be over", the mother- no, monster went outside, leaving the girl unbalanced on the chair. Shaking violently.

If it was in fear or just because of the unbalance, Miyoko didn't know.

All she knew, was when the stool snapped and the girl began choking, she ran forwards and screamed "No!", only to find herself in the girls place.

Choking. Dying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Again, Miyoko woke up panting, drenched in sweat.

Another nightmare, another waking before time.

Another attempt at cooling off by opening the window, another stray engagement ring and rose.

She stopped throwing them away after a week. And now they were just piling up.

"There's two of those and a rose now... I wonder if it's the same person who puts them here...", she said to herself. She turned, the breeze moving her red hair, she looked at her vacant bed. She was tired, very tired. But she didn't want to have another nightmare, even though she was slowly getting used to them.

She grabbed a blanket and exited the room, going downstairs in the living room. She laid on the couch and covered herself with the blanket she brought.

Here, unlike her bedroom, was nice and cool. Maybe she wouldn't have a nightmare tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She walked down a torch lit underground hallway. Turning at the slightest sound behind her, but even if there was something she wouldn't be able to see it.

As she neared the end a door appeared in front of her. Curiosity taking over, she entered, but alas, instead of a fairy tale, she saw a nightmare.

The girl was cut up and bruised, her limbs cuffed to the wall from which she hung from.

This time it was straight up giggling and cackling she heard behind her before the door behind her opened. Two girls walked in followed by two metal men.

Dreaming for starsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara