Chapter IX

"A lullaby for darkness"

Miyoko's POV

"You have nightmares??", Morina asked slamming her empty cup on the saucer.

I slightly cringed and nodded, my nerves on edge ever since I had fallen off that tree.

Now thankfully Yukki was there to save me, but it was still awkward as Morina started squealing and asking him if I was his girlfriend.

Her and Anteia, had known Yuki since he moved to Corona, and over the years they developed a kind of sibling relationship, before they left.

Oh, and Anteia is a witch and Morina is an elf, both have eternal life.

"I swear to God ever since we've left the Lunar Region you've been screaming at everyone", Anteia groans.

"Okay, yes, maybe that's true, but you know how many of their rocks I've collected and how much more magic I can now use", Morina protested.

"Getting back to the topic, since when have you began having these nightmares?", Anteia asks sipping her black tea.

"Around... 3 weeks ago", I rubbed my temples. "I'm not sure, they're repetitive and I can't sleep well", I said and closed my eyes. I got a sudden headache.

"Are you alright? You don't look so good", someone asked and my headache got worse.

What was up with these never ending headaches?!?

I gripped my head. Quickly losing awareness of my surroundings as my only focus was this headache.

I was fine seconds ago. How-

I couldn't think. Tears welled up in my eyes as I bit the inside of my cheek to try and numb the pain. But it didn't help and I knew the iron taste in my mouth wasn't anything good.

"It hurts...", I managed before falling into unconsciousness.

3rd Person POV

"She was fine two seconds ago, what the heck was that all about?", the blonde asked shocked as she helped carry the redhead in her room.

"I'm not sure, but remember those rumors?", Anteia asked as she heaved the girl one more step up.

"The one about her surviving a trip to the Underworld?", Morina raised an eyebrow as she pulled her up.

"Yeah. I think they're true. I don't know how much of them, but she definitely was there, and came back. But not in tact", she said out of breath as they managed to get Lord Miyoko in her bed. Morina collapsed in a chair breathing heavily.

"I'm really out of shape", she sighed shaking her head. "So, what can we do about it?", she said looking at Anteia who was inspecting Miyoko's wounds.

"Yukki didn't call us here for no reason, she's really badly hurt. Anemia, infections", she leaned over and put a hand over Miyoko's forehead, "Shit... she's burning up. And who knows how much more is wrong inside of her..."

"I'll get the meds," Morina sighed as she stood up. "And here I was hoping for a break.."

Anteia didn't respond to this as she continued to inspect her for more serious injuries. Morina quickly came back carrying a leather rucksack whose contents peaked out from the bag. She picked out a few vials and a small box filled with herbs.

"We have some anesthesia left, would you mind mixing up the Saffi and Gurleed together while I anesthetize her? I know you don't like working with narcotics", she smiled tilting her head.