Chapter 6

HI!!! I am updating right now and I hope you like it you know the drill. And CORN ON THE COB! Sorry it’s late I had MAJOR writers block.

XOX MANDY loves to read!!!<3

Chapter 6

Cassie’s POV

The next day we woke to a bright and sunny day. We were all nervous for the quidditch game. Especially me I have never actually practiced with the team before so I hope they won’t kick me off the team because I’m bad. We all got dressed and walked to the great hall with our brooms. We sat down to eat but nobody really ate anything. Even though it was bright and sunny when we woke up it was now stormy and grey. Everyone was worried because of the weather conditions and because we were playing Slytherin. Slytherin can play pretty nasty.

“You nervous Cassie?” someone asked me. I looked up to the voice and saw Remus. I smiled.

“When did you get here?” I asked him. He didn’t get back last night till late.

“Just now.” He said quickly. I knew he was hiding something but I dropped it.

“To answer your first question yes. I think there’s a quidditch game going on in my stomach.” I said wearily. He laughed and got some food. Sirius slung his arm over my shoulder.

“I’m sure you’ll do fine.” He said as he laughed. He wasn’t eating anything so I could tell he was worried too. Remus looked from me to Sirius and back and forth until he looked at James who was laughing at Peter.

“Okay what did I miss?” Remus asked really confused. I told him the whole story and afterwards, even though he didn’t show it, I could tell he was happy to have the group back. After that we made our way to the quidditch pitch before everyone else. Peter went to get a seat in the stands while we went to the locker rooms. We changed into our uniform and waited for the rest of the team. Wood and Deana Spinet, one of the other chasers, came in and sat down next to us.

“Okay guys, we have a great team here and I know we can win. So let’s get out there and kick some snake butt.” Wood said fist pumping in the air. We all cheered as we flew onto the field doing laps around it. Every house except Slytherin cheered. We all went down to the middle of the field while Slytherin came out. They did their laps and came down next to us. The captains shook hands and we were off. Remus went up to the goal posts, Sirius went towards the bludgers, and James went high in the air to look for the snitch. I started chasing the quaffle. I saw Wood with the quaffle but I saw a Slytherin underneath him. I rushed to the Slytherin and slammed into him. He flew off course and Wood scored.

“And ten points to Gryffindor. Awesome shot by Wood.” The announcer said. I looked at James and saw that he spotted the snitch but was waiting until we had more points. I stole the quaffle and ran it down the field. I saw a bludger coming towards my face but I ducked right before it hit my head. I threw the ball to Wood and he scored. The crowd cheered as I high fived Wood. I saw Sirius hitting bludgers toward Slytherins heads and laughing. I laughed. He really has too much fun doing that. I saw James diving and knew he was going for the snitch. I raced toward Deana as she passed the ball to me and I scored.

“And Potter scores ten points for Gryffindor.” The announcer said and I saw Remus hit the quaffle towards me. I grabbed it just before it hit my face and threw it to Deana. She scored and right after that James caught the snitch. We all raced down to the field cheering. Everyone in the crowd was cheering except for the Slytherins. Sirius and Remus put James on their shoulders and started screaming.

“JAMES, JAMES, JAMES!” wow they really get into quidditch. I ran up to James once they set him down and hugged him.

“Good job James.” I said as we walked back to the castle. He laughed. His laugh got contagious and I started laughing like a maniac and I was on the floor and people who came by quickly ran away because they thought I was insane. James, Remus, Sirius, and Peter were all laughing at me. I finally was able to stand up and we walked to the black lake. We were just lounging next to the tree by the lake. We decided that this tree was ours.