{0053}

Saturday November 5th 2018:

"You booked us in for a fucking massage?!" Joe cried, "you idiot!" That's right, Caspar had - stupidly - booked the two of them in for massages. I knew full well Joe didn't trust him after the prank but even so, Joe hates other people touching him, especially his...naked body.

"You'll love it Joe!" Caspar chucked, drinking down the tiny pink smoothie.

"Well, I'm gonna vlog my feelings away," he laughed, pulling out his camera, "I'll keep, you out of shot," he smiled at me and I nodded thankfully.

"So, we're in the airport now and Caspar has decided to book us in for massages," he flicked the camera round to face him, "why did you do that?"

"I don't know, it was two for one so I did it!" Caspar said, eyes glued to the detailed menu.

"Well, I don't know if I can trust you after the massage prank," he scoffed, "and anyway, I don't really like massages, I just think they're really awkward." I know him better. Who was I even competing with?

"Well, we'll be on the plane soon and my camera has had it, I'm not sure how long it'll hold out for so I might become a phone vlogger, just like Caspar because he's a cheapskate who can't splash out on a proper camera!" He pressed the red 'record' button and flicked the screen down.

"Does it ever get annoying, knowing you have to record everything you do?" The waitress came over just as Joe was about to order. The girl had ombré hair that reached just about have ribs and had the cheekbones of a goddess.

"What can I get you?" She asked.

"I'll just have a coffee," Caspar replied, closing the menu.

"Same," I replied, I wasn't hungry, I was too afraid of the flight.

"I think I'll have some cake," he smiled - almost devilishly - at the waitress, to my announce of course. "Chocolate fudge if you have it, and a coffee," he closed the menu and handed it to her.

"Of course," she replied, strutting away.

"Ugh" I breathed as quietly as I could, but I think Caspar heard me as he looked at me weirdly.

"What time is the massage?" Joe asked, putting his camera in his pocket and getting his phone out, most likely to check Twitter or post a photo on Instagram.

"6, I think," Caspar checked the leaflet carefully, the pictures quite obviously unrealistic.

"But the flights at 7, you idiot!" The waitress returned with two coffees and Joe's cake...not my coffee. "Oh, I'm sorry, I think you forgot a coffee," Joe laughed.

"Right," she wandered away again.

"Amber, you're being extremely quiet, are you okay?" Caspar asked. I didn't know Caspar all that well, but he seemed alright. Obviously, I've been watching him for years but personally, we haven't spoken much.

"I'm fine," I sighed, signalling to him that I wasn't and he clearly realised. However, Joe did not. It made me think that his feelings from a little while back weren't strong enough and that he's lost them. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid.

"Coffee?" The waitress - whos skirt just got a lot shorter since the last time she was here - put it next to me, dropping a small piece of paper next to Joe as she waltzed away. I don't think he knew I noticed, but I did. He slid it into his hand and put it into his pocket whilst Caspar shot me another one of those worried looks. Thank you.

Once the boys had been for their massages and is spent what felt like a lifetime shopping (if you can call staring dreamily and things you clearly can't afford for an hour shopping), we boarded the plane and my nerves hit their ends.

"It's fine," Joe whispered close to my ear, taking my hand in his tightly. It didn't call me completely, but it was a partial weight off my shoulders.

As we wandered onto the plane, I realised we weren't headed in the direction of normal, but that we were actually travelling first class. Of course, this made me feel twice as guilty for gate crashing on their tour.

The plane was astonishing. Each 'seat' was actually a small cabin with electric partitions (for when Joe gets too annoying for my liking) and also a long bench, recliner and window view.

"Mental," Joe stuttered, letting go of my hand and sending me into a panicking spiral. I sat down in my chair, attempting to avoid looking out of the window at the stationary airport.

After Joe had tweeted a little airplane emoji, the airport began to be a semi-meet and greet as girls who had traveled miles waited to take photos with Jaspar. Each time, I'd just pretend to be one of them too. I told him it was stupid and he told me not to be so hard and that it was part of his job. After that, I chose not to pester him about it again since he seemed a bit off.

"Alright, Amber?" Caspar asked, but continued before I could answer, making me think it wasn't so much of a question. "I'm probably going to be out like a light, so if you need anything, wake me up or ask Joe." He smiled at me and I nodded.

"I'll try to cope, Joe's not very into speaking to me today, I'm just going to leave it," Caspar came in and sat on the bench (which I think was meant to be my bed except I totally didn't trust it) and looked at me strange.

"You're telling me that Joe - who invited you to Australia - is not talking to you, somethings up. Probably the waitress," he laughed. The pilot came in through the loud speaker and told everyone to return to their 'seats' and put their seatbelt on. Caspar waved a mild goodbye and headed to his booth. Joe sat opposite me. I actually considered putting the partition up, but watching him taking a sneaky selfie told me otherwise.

"So, I guess I'll see you on the other side!" Shit, he caught me staring, I thought but nodded and smiled a slanted smile, giving him permission to put his beats on.

Maybe what Joe said to me all that time ago - not really that long ago if I think about it -wasn't the truth, maybe his feelings changed too.

I sighed, putting my own headphones on.

As much as I wanted to keep thinking about the boy I was in a plane to Australia with, I thought instead about all the things I would get to see in the country itself. I put my headphones in and closed my eyes.

Australia, here we come!

Messages To Joe | J.Sजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें