Chapter 19 - Remember

Start from the beginning

Suddenly I heard a key going into the cell lock and I looked up to see Danny standing there, opening the cell door. He got inside before locking the cell door behind him so I wouldn't be able to escape.

He then met my gaze, causing me to look away. "Antonio told me you don't want to eat breakfast." He said as he kneeled down in front of me. "Why?"

"I don't ever eat breakfast." I replied quietly, not bothering to look at him.

"Why?" He asked again, causing me to shrug my shoulders.

"Alina, look at me." He demanded but I wouldn't listen. I don't know what he was trying to do, I just wanted him to leave. "Alina." He said as he grabbed my chin, making me meet his hard gaze.

"Do you feel sick when you eat breakfast in the morning? Or is there some other reason?" He asked softly, causing me to look away again.

"Yeah, I feel sick." I lied, just wanting him to leave me alone already.

"Don't lie to me, Alina." He said, as he gently stroked my cheek. "Is it because you want to lose weight?"

I glared at him now. "Whatever it is, it's none of your business!" I snapped at him, annoyed. I've gained so much weight that even Danny figured out the reason why I didn't want to eat.

"Baby girl, listen to me." He said softly causing me to shake my head.

"Just leave me alone." I said not wanting to hear anything. I wanted him to leave so bad. This was so embarrassing and awkward. I didn't want to discuss my weight, especially not with him.

"Alina-" He started again, but I pushed him away and got up. I moved as far away from him as I could get.

"Leave me alone!" I yelled at him.

"No!" He growled back. "I won't leave you alone until you eat your breakfast." He walked up to me, picking me up in his arms. I squealed in surprise as he started opening the cell door and walking out. He called one of the guards to pick up the tray of food and to bring it to us.

I was struggling in my arms but Danny didn't even budge as he carried me all the way up to his room. The guard followed behind us with the tray in his hand. Once we reached his room, the guard placed the tray of food on the side table before leaving. Danny set me down before locking the door to his room.

He then walked to me, grabbing my arms and holding them behind my back so I didn't try anything.

"Alina, I don't understand why you want to lose weight so much. You don't need to." He said causing me to look away from him. "And besides, haven't you heard. People that skip breakfast are more likely to gain weight than people who don't." He said causing me to snap my gaze towards him.

"You're lying!" I exclaimed and he shook his head.

"I'm not. You can look it up yourself." He said smiling down at me. "Now come on baby girl. Let me feed you." He picked me up and placed me down onto his lap, wrapping his left arm around my waist. He then brought the tray closer and I noticed a bowl of oatmeal, topped with blueberries. "Oatmeal is really healthy Alina. So you don't have to worry about gaining weight." He said picking up the spoon and bringing it to my mouth.
I stared at the spoon for a bit before giving in and opening my mouth, accepting the oatmeal.

Danny grinned at me, pressing a kiss on the top of my head as I ate. "And if it makes you feel more better, you can come workout with me. I workout almost everyday and if you want, you can come join me whenever you want." He said and I looked up, meeting his soft gaze. He was being awfully sweet and it made me feel even worse for trying to kill him the two times I had. "Would you like that Alina?" He asked, referring to working out with him. I thought about it for a bit before nodding my head.

He smiled pressing another kiss on my head. "But there is one thing I want you to remember. Eating healthy and working out regularly shouldn't be about losing weight. It should be about keeping your body healthy. Being healthy is all that matters, not your weight. Okay?" He said, causing me to nod my head at him. "And don't ever forget that you're beautiful Alina, because you truly are."

I was trying to hate him, but day by day he made it harder and harder to do so. He was just so sweet and always seemed to know the right things to say. Asshole number 1 was right. I didn't deserve him. He deserved someone so much better than me.