Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I couldn't get what Blake said to me as we started to drive home. "You're not the only one with Devil eyes." I wonder what he meant when he said that? "You seem like you're lost in thought over there." I hear breaking my thoughts as I turn to Blake. "I'm sorry, I was just thinking about something." I say focusing on Blake. He seem different after that guy from the bar talked to me, like he was trying to keep his distance from me. "What's on your mind?" He ask as we reach a red light, he takes his hands off the wheel and turns to me, his eyes have that red tint around his blue irises.

I didn't know what to tell him, that I was thinking about him? That what happened at the bar made me think that he wasn't fully human. How his eyes change color form this beautiful haunting blue to a red that make your darkest dreams come true. Or how I was attracted to him, and that I felt like I've known him longer than a day. I break eye contacted with him as the light turn green and he drove off. I look back at the window hoping he'll let the subject go, for now he did. We drove in silence as I listen to the city start to fall asleep around me. I keep forgetting how beautiful Seattle was, how one minute you would be rushing somewhere, then the next you take you sweet time enjoying the view. Right now, I felt like Blake was taking his time even if we weren't talking.

"You know what." I hear next to me. I turn to see Blake with a smile on his face, "The night is still young." He says as he does a U-turn and drives back towards his club. "Blake where are we going?" I ask but he doesn't answer he just keeps looking forward. I roll my eyes and turn back to the window. I feel him come to a stop as we stop at the Space Needle. I look at him who just smiles his eyes finally back to that blue as he gets out of the car and opens my door for me.

"Blake what are we doing here?" I ask as he takes my hands and helps me out. "We're going to the top." He says as we start to walk to the door. "Blake, it's almost midnight, I think their closed." I say as he stops at the door and knocks. He waits a few minutes until a security guard walks to the door and unlocks it. He tips his hat to us, "Hello Mr. Nightshade." Blake smiles, "Hello Fred, this is my lovely date Harley O'Heir; we were hoping we could go to the top." Blake says as he puts his arm around me.

Fred looks over at me as I turn my face away from him feeling my cheeks get warm. I hear him do a small laugh as he steps aside, "Go ahead you know the rules." Fred says as I feel Blake start to walk away, "I know Fred." He says as I look at back at Fred who is just staring at us. It's nice to see him with someone finally. I hear Fred thought as I turn back to Blake. "Do you know everyone in this city?" I ask as we reach an elevator. Blake pushes a button and shakes his head, "I don't but he owes me." He says and turns his head at me, his eyes a mix again just as he was getting back to his old self again. "Why does he owe you?" I ask as the elevator opens up and we walk in.

"Well, I own his soul." He says as the doors close and I give him a confusing look. Blake starts to laugh, "I'm kidding Harley, I saved his life about two years ago, so our deal is whenever I want go to the Space Needle and get away from the world at night, he'll let me in." He says. I didn't want to push the matter in farther as I look to see outside the elevator to see the beautiful city below us. I hear the door open and I feel my eyes widen as we walk into the restaurant. "This is incredible." I say as I walk more into the restaurant until I get close the window and look at the city.

I feel Blake walk up to me as he stands next to me as we look out in the city. "I've never seen the city like this at night. It's so beautiful." I say as I place my hand on the glass, it felt like ice. "Yes... you are." I hear Blake says next to me and I could feel his eyes on me making me blush. "It's strange." I say trying to calm myself down. "What is?" Blake asks as I look at him. "I was born in Ireland, a place so green and beautiful and not busy at all, and then we moved here where everything is no stop. So far away from the world it feels like." I turn my head back to the city, "Why move here then if you feel like that?" He asks. I sigh as I push back from the glass and sit down at a table.