Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"Well are you okay?" I hear on my phone as I laid on my bed while Dove and Tullia yelled through the phone at me. "I'm fine; really, it was just a panic attack." I say putting them on speaker and placing my phone on my chest. "Well Harley why would you have a panic attack? I mean what did you see or hear that made you have one?" Tullia ask, her voice almost breaking. Half of me wanted to tell them what was happening, that I could hear people's thoughts and now the shadows are talking to me. But if I did, they might lock me up at a loony bin, which made me think of that bartender that attacked me.

"I... I think I was just having memories of that night I was attacked." I said lying through my teeth. "Oh sweetie, you don't need to worry about that, that man will never hurt you again. Remember his locked up." Dove said making me think about what Alice said to me about him, He keeps saying he saw the devil, that he devil is after him. Alice's voice rang in my head, "Maybe I need to see him." I say and closed my eyes. "What?" I hear they both say together.

"Harley Bell O'Heir are you insane!? The man tried to rape you, hell he might have killed you after he was done!" Dove yells through the phone. "Dove! Don't say that." Tullia yells at her sister. "Well it's true sis, we didn't know what was going to happen that night. I think it's a bad idea." I open my eyes as I listen to them bicker. "You know guys, I'm really tried so I think I'm going to watch a movie and take a nap okay?" I say making them both be quite. "You better not be lying to us so you can go to where that guy is at." Tullia says making me bite my lip, I really hate lying to them but this is the only thing I could do.

"Of course not. I'll talk you guys tomorrow, bye." I say as I quickly hang up and let out a sigh.

After my talk with Dove and Tullia, I couldn't shake the feeling that I need to talk to Kevin. So I called the one person who could help, Blake. "Hello Miss. O'Heir, are you missing me today? This is the second time I've heard from you." Blake answers making me blush. "Don't be silly. I need to ask you something." I say trying to remember why I'm calling him. "What do you need?" He asks making me smile a bit. "Where is your old bartender locked up at? The one that attacked me?" I ask and held my breath.

"Why Harley?" He asks his voice kind of breaking. "I need to talk to him, please don't ask me why again." I say. I listen to his breath through the phone till he finally sighs, "Fine, but on one condition, I go with you." "No way, I need to do this alone." I hiss. "Don't talk back to me Harley, you can talk to him alone but I'm driving you, I'll wait for you in the waiting room until you are done, do we have a deal?" He asks his tone dark, I never heard him speak to me like that before.

"Umm... Okay?" I say almost out of my control. "Good, I'll pick you up in five." He says before he hangs up. I growl as I hang up and put my phone my bed. What was that about? I hear as I look at the door to see Sky walking in. "Sky. Where have you been hiding at?" I ask as he jumps on the bed and cuddles close to me as I put my hand on his head. I thought you'd still be mad at me for barking at that man. Sky says as I pet his head. "Well I am mad at you, why did you do that?" I ask making Sky lift up his head, I sense something wrong with him, something, evil lives in him. Sky says making me raise an eyebrow, "You think something evil lives in him? Why can't I sense that?" I ask looking away from him.

It's because you're not an animal. I look at my window to see Jewel on the window seal looking at me. "Jewel?" I ask as she jumps off the seal and walks over to us, I don't know why the mutt is so worried; I think that man is wonderful. She says as she licks her paw and cleans her ears. I see Sky show his teeth, that's because you are evil. Sky says making Jewel hiss as she jumps off the bed and walks off.

Death of a Bachelorजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें