WELL DONE, SERENA YVONNE.

The booming voice resonates loudly, with an air of importance and presence, as if to justify itself.

YOU ARE CORRECT: I WAS GUIDING YOU, DISTINGUISHING MYSELF AS YOUR "INSTINCTS." THOUGH THIS IS THE CASE, AND I WAS HELPING YOU A LITTLE, IT WAS YOU WHO HAD DONE MOST OF THE WORK.

I immediately recognized the voice. It was, truly, the one from the very start, the one who had started my adventure, and the one who had started everything.

Arceus.

Respectfully, and, knowing my place, I kneel as the bright light overcomes the world, shining unto every being. In the end, the darkened sky returns, yet... a bit different. Darkrai and Shadow Primia are afflicted with paralysis, when I spot them.

The mythological Pokémon descends from above, hovering over the surface of the ground after a few moments. The legendary cross-like wheel around its abdomen glows with uncontrollable power, and Arceus's eyes glint a mischievous red color.

"Arceus," I manage to speak. "You were the one I heard at the beginning? Who turned me into a human?"

The grand creature bowed its head. DO YOU REGRET MY DECISION? WOULD YOU HAVE RATHER STAYED AN EEVEE?

I feel Ash's gaze on me grow stronger, and I ponder its question. "No," I answer, finally. "No. I am alright with your decision, and am grateful for it, rather."

YOU'RE CONTENTED AS YOU ARE, THEN. THAT IS GOOD TO HEAR, FROM THE ONE I BURDENED SUCH AN IMPORTANT TASK WITH.

"I only have a few questions." Looking at Arceus right in the eye, I continue. "With all due respect, Lord Arceus... why would you guide me, if the Life Trial was a test for the beings of Earth to undergo? And why appear now, if not at all?"

THESE ARE FAIR QUESTIONS... AND SO, I SHALL ANSWER THEM. I GUIDED YOU BECAUSE TRUTHFULLY, THIS MILLENNIUM'S LIFE TRIAL WASN'T NORMAL. EVERYTHING RELATED TO PRIMIA AND WOLVARAK HAPPENED NORMALLY, BUT DARKRAI'S INTERFERENCE BROKE THE BALANCE.

"I see."

AS FOR MY APPEARANCE... YOU TWO HAD DONE QUITE ENOUGH. THE SITUATION WAS GETTING OUT OF HAND, AND MY ATTENTION HAS BEEN CAUGHT BY YOUR AWARENESS.

Ash, who has been silent the whole time, speaks up. "Now that you're here... what happens next?"

We all look over at the petrified legendaries, who are growling with anger and frustration. I WILL FINISH IT. BUT FIRST...

The small bag hooked on my belt begins to shake, the Shards churning inside. MY POWER HAS BEEN VERY DEPLETED FOR QUITE SOME TIME NOW. AND WHAT YOU THOUGHT WERE 'SHARDS' WERE REALLY MY PLATES.

The Evolution Shards are... Arceus's Plates?!

The artifacts zip through the opening and return to the Alpha Pokémon's side. All the oddly shaped stones reform themselves into Plates, multicolored, and circle the Pokémon.

"Then," I realize, "those voices coming from the Shards... those were..."

"The Spirits of Arceus," Ash finishes.

YES. NOW, WE CAN DEAL WITH THE UNFINISHED BUSINESS. BUT YOU KNOW THE CONSEQUENCES, DO YOU NOT?

My throat tightens, and I clench my fists, suppressing tears. It's finally time.

His voice scratchy and hoarse, Ash says, "there's... really no other way? For Serena to not disappear?"

Sorrow reflects in Arceus's eyes. AH. MY DEEPEST APOLOGIES- TO BOTH OF YOU. I BROUGHT SERENA FROM THE FUTURE. BY FATE, SHE MET YOU. AND IN THE END, SHE WILL VANISH... FOR THIS, ONLY I AM AT FAULT.