Dance of the Leaves

<><>Ash's POV<><>

We clear the Poison and Bug-type floors with relative ease, collecting the Stone Fragments. Each are colored differently.

In example, the Stone Fragment we had found on the Poison Floor is a shade of dark purple.

When we step on the Star Circle, we appear in a sun-kissed area, where the day is easily recognizable. Physic-types are the ones who seem to dwell here.

Right as we enter, Serena immediately appears to be troubled. I glance at her questionably, and she only shakes her head.

I wonder what's wrong.

<><>Serena's POV<><>

It's there.

I feel it again.

I pull out the interesting- how should I put this-- artifact I had found, twirling it in my fingers, light reflecting off the shiny surface.

A warm, reassuring feeling fills me. I close my left hand into a tight fist, to secure it, and follow Absol through the pathways. Then, I notice the call becomes gradually stronger.

I'm getting closer.

I try not to fidget much, as we travel along. The constant daylight is comforting, since we're not trapped in tunnels of darkness, yet I can't calm down.

What will I find this time?

My thoughts are interrupted by a Musharna. Darn you.

My body rises into the air, and I'm unable to control my actions. My form is outlined in blue, a sign that I'm being controlled by Psychic.

"Let me go!" I yell, forcing my eyes shut. "Pikachu!" I hear. "Electro Ball!" I feel the move's hold on me release slightly, then disappear altogether.

I collapse, and the others run over to me. "Are you hurt much?" the Absol asks. "No, thanks to Ash and Pikachu." I gratefully look up at the boy who had saved me once again.

"Nah, it's nothing," he says, and Pikachu says you're welcome with a cheerful "Pika!"

However, the Musharna manages to stand up again, and this time surrounded by lots of other, fierce looking Pokémon, and the shard in my hand steadily grows warmer by the second.

What's its purpose, though? It must have some connection, specifically to me. Absol, Ash, and Pikachu didn't seem to notice.

Then, my right palm starts to itch. The marks... they're glowing again...

Something's going on. Let's find out.

I toss the emerald shard high into the air, surprising my traveling companions, and catch it with my right hand.

Green light envelops me, and I shield my eyes.

And then...

When the bright light finally subsides, I'm... different. Completely.

Long, beautiful green leaves surround my wrists and ankles, and the shoes worn on my feet have vanished.

I now wear a flowing, elegant dress, and flowers adorn my hair. The designs are the same as the ones on...

"Leafeon," I breathe.

<><>Ash's POV<><>

Serena... she's looking very pretty. The outfit makes her look like a nature spirit.

Dang! Not the time, not the time!

"Serena!" I say, surprised. "What-"

She cuts me off. "Magical Leaf!" she yells, arms raised. The mark on her hand glows, and colorful leaves are summoned by her sides.

They shoot forward, without a moment's hesitation.

Immediately after, Serena shouts, "Petal Dance!"

The rosy pink flower petals surround her as Serena twirls alongside them, weaving in and out, continuing the dance.

The performance- no, it's Serena that's entrancing. The way she's gracefully moving...

Wow, what am I thinking? Snap out of it, Ash. Focus.

Absol stares in wonder. "I never took the time to really take a closer look. Now, I know- it's the Leaf Shard. So the stories are true."

I quizzically look at the Pokémon. "Leaf Shard?" I repeat. "Alike a Leaf Stone, but this only evolves the Pokémon for a short time. This effect wears off. Of course, the Pokémon must be the same type as the Shard."

"Sort of like Mega Evolution," I conclude, "but with the normal stage evolution." Absol nods his head, saying, "correct."

I continue to watch Serena use move after move on every wild Pokémon in the room, effectively clearing a lot of them.

"Pikachu, let's-" But I'm cut off by Absol. "Wait," he says. "I'd like to study the length of time in which one can stay in their evolved form."

I protest, "but what about Serena?!" Absol responds by nodding his head towards my friend. She's whirling and attacking furiously, relentlessly.

"You're right," I admit. "She's pretty powerful right now. I don't think any Pokémon could stop her." So I simply stand back, watching Serena defeat wave after wave of angered Pokémon.

After a couple of minutes, no wild creature remains. I spot the Stone Fragment- a magenta color- next to another object.

I pocket the Fragment, and look away as a blinding light emits from Serena, once again. When I turn to her, she's in her normal clothes.

The leaves sprouting from her wrists and ankles have disappeared. The girl frowns, stoops down, and inspects the other item on the floor.

A light purple, oval shaped stone.

====================

Please comment your thoughts: did anyone find this interesting? Cool? I need to know! As the author, I must correct mistakes, and as my readers, you must point them out!

Hope you enjoyed! :)

~TheDreamRider