The Boy in the Woods

<><>Serena's POV<><>

When I come to, trees surround me. I raise my paws to check them, because they feel numb for some reason. But they're the hands of a human.

White cloth from the sleeves of my dress droop in front of my face. Startled, I brush them away, and struggle to stand on... two feet.

Is this what they meant by a changed form? That I would become human?

Honey blond hair falls in front of me, a medium length. In the reflection of a pond nearby, I see my brown eyes had turned into a refreshing blue color. My simple, white dress covers my knees. White sandals adorn my feet.

The human I have turned into looks plain, but pretty.

Troubled with my thoughts, I forget that I'm not an Eevee anymore, and lean on a tree for support when my legs start to tire.

Determined to try walking, I take a shaky step.

And another.

And another.

When I begin to get confident, I take my hand off the trunk, but then collapse to my knees. Of course, a rock just had to be there, and a scrape shows on my right knee.

I sigh. It begins to throb, slowly and steadily, so I sit down.

When- if- I finish my impossible 'mission', I'm going to have a few words with the voice. They could've at least taught me how to walk, right?

Now that I think about it, I should look kind of pitiful. I can't walk. And how am I going to keep a secret? That I became a human? No one would believe it.

I can read and understand English, thankfully. How do I know if I can speak it? How do I even get out of this place, and find a home?

I walked into this thing without carefully considering every aspect of it. The voice gave me knowledge, but... that's it.

Tears begin to pool in my eyes.

What have I gotten myself into?

And then, I hear...

"Hey! Are you alright?!"

<><>Ash's POV<><>

Pikachu trots beside me, happily looking around for delicious berries to eat. Or bottles of ketchup? I'm not sure at this point...

I notice light at the corner of my vision, and I turn to it. When it fades, I realize it came from behind the trees next to us. With a nod, Pikachu and I investigate it.

Shoving branches and leaves out of our way, we finally reach a clearing, with a small pond of water. A girl is kneeling, and her shoulders are shaking.

When I look closer, her knee is scraped and bleeding, and she's about to cry.

"Hey! Are you alright?!" I ask. I don't even consider the strangeness of the situation. Pikachu and I are pretty deep into the woods that barely anyone but us knows about.

She turns to face me, and her delicate face shows surprise. The girl is... beautiful.

Ash! No! Not the time!

"Uh- you know, you should get something to cover that up," I advise, pointing at her leg. She glances down at it, and nods.

"What's your name?" I say.

She opens her mouth, then closes it. Somethings wrong. Finally, I hear, "S- Serena Yvonne."

Her hoarse voice sounds like it hasn't been used in a while.

"Well. I'm Ash, and this is Pikachu, but that doesn't matter right now," I say, and jog over to her. I pull out a blue handkerchief I have in my pocket, and wrap it around her injury.

Serena winces for a moment, then relaxes. "Th- thanks." Once I finish, I wait for her to pull herself up. She tries, but winces again, and stays sitting.

"Never give up until it's over!"

I smile and offer her my hand. Serena stares at it, but slowly, delicately, takes it. I clasp hers, and hoist her up.

I'm caught off guard on how weak she is, though, so I overshoot it, and we fall into a hug. My face reddens for a moment, and she pulls away.

I shake off the feeling. "So, what are you doing out here?"

Serena tenses, like she is caught doing something she's not supposed to do. I recognize the look.

"It's okay," I assure her. "You can trust me." She bites her lip, and doesn't say anything. Yeah, something's definitely wrong.

I start again, "at least tell me if you have a place to stay?" She's surprised for a moment. Serena probably didn't expect for me to notice there's a problem. "No," she replies.

I grin again, and Pikachu gives a "Pika!" "Well, you could always stay at my place. I live alone, so why don't you come with me?"

Wow, I sound like an idiot. I couldn't expect her to accept an offer like this from a complete stranger she just met...

But to my surprise, she nods her thanks, and smiles weakly.

"You can trust me," I repeat. She slings an arm over my shoulders as I help her limp back to my home.

====================

So what'd you think of the first chapter? Gonna keep this note short and simple. Hope you enjoyed! Hopefully, I will post later today, too!

Hope you enjoyed! :)

~TheDreamRider