The Unexpected Arrival

<><>Absol's POV<><>

I watch as the two converse, and sigh, knowing that I truly do feel alone. I hid this truth from them when they mentioned it, because nothing good would've come out of it.

My partner was extremely brave. She was intelligent, and knew what to do in troubling situations. Scrapes like the one we're in now wouldn't be a problem.

She'd just shrug it off. Keep moving forward, ignoring the consequences. Never gave up.

If only she was here now... I wouldn't have to face this on my own. Actually, that's not true. There's still Ash and Serena, right?

Once again, I sigh, standing up. "We should move, just in case we're being followed," I state. The two nod, also getting up from their seated positions.

"Quickly, too," I add, and Serena changes into her Jolteon form for the speed. And no, I'm still not used to a human evolving.

The Pokémon we encounter in the shaded and shadowed forests are powerful, in a sense of both strength and darkness.

Truthfully, the boy without his Pikachu is now fairly useless, though it pains me to say such.

Or, never mind. That's a lie. He's not useless, as I notice his presence seems to give Serena the strength and confidence to fight.

Huh.

<><>Ash's POV<><>

Traveling in the future isn't as easy as it was traveling in the past. In other words, Serena and I's time. Tough enemies are always appearing, and so our battles are long and drawn out.

Nevertheless, we force our way through, with Absol leading the way. He seems to know the path by memory.

At one point, during a break, I feel as if someone is watching us close by, but when I turn around, there's nothing there.

Maybe we are being tracked.

Slowly, the terrain we come across becomes rockier. That's when I kind of realize we're practically climbing the slope of a mountain.

Thank Arceus I'm not afraid of heights. Guess I'm too focused to pay much attention to my surroundings. That can either be a good or a bad thing.

After hours of this, we reach the peak. The air is thinner, and I struggle to breathe just a little bit. It's a bit chilly, but Serena's Flareon mode keeps us warm.

"Dialga!" Absol calls. "It is I, Absol! I have return for your assistance once more."

A powerful voice rings in the air.

I UNDERSTAND. I HAVE ASSUMED THE LAST TIME WAS NOT A SUCCESS.

Absol grits his teeth and looks down. "That- that is correct, unfortunately."

VERY WELL. I HOPE YOU HAVE RECOGNIZED THE CONDITIONS AREN'T PERFECT RIGHT NOW FOR TIME-TRAVEL.

Absol answers, "yes. I fully comprehend the drawbacks."

With a flash of light, it appears.

The Being of Time,

Dialga.

WELCOME BACK, ABSOL. AND WHO MIGHT THESE TWO BE?

Do I need to explain what Dialga looks like? To summarize, dark blue, with crystallized features. A powerful aura emerges from its very core.

"My name is Ash Ketchum," I declare, confident. "My name is Serena Yvonne." The girl steps up next to me.

I can sense Dialga, at this very moment, is alarmed. SERENA... YVONNE.

My friend nods. Hesitating a little, she asks, "does- does that name mean anything to you?" After a couple seconds of deep thought, Dialga replies, NO. UNFORTUNATELY, IT DOES NOT.

But I'm pretty sure it's lying.

ABSOL, the grand legendary inquires, WHERE IS THE OTHER ONE? YOUR PARTNER?

He shortly replies, "she went missing. Soon after you sent us back in time." Dialga looks disturbed by this, and a bit, well, saddened.

THAT IS A SHAME. I WILL LOOK INTO THIS RIGHT AWAY: BUT FIRST, YOU MUST REGAIN WHAT YOU'VE LOST. THOUGH I DO NOT HAVE MUCH POWER AT THE TIME, I JUST BARELY HAVE ENOUGH TO SUFFICE.

A pity, truly. If you didn't, I would not have rushed all this way.

The cold and scarily familiar voice makes me go rigid. No way can it be... that monster. Who caused us all this pain.

"Who's there?!" Absol demands, though it's impossible for him not to know the answer. Poor little Absol. Looks like you won't be able to complete your mission once again.

It is. Darkrai.

Well, we meet again, Ash and Serena. With a mocking bow, the Pokémon descends into view. It's a pleasure to come across you twice in a day. Or, that would be true, only if time wasn't mussed up.

<><>Serena's POV<><>

All at once, breathing is laborious. Fear shackles my body to stay in place, and the chains of regret prevent me from speaking.

The horrifying and terrible memories flood through my mind once more, while I encounter each one, over and over again.

Especially the one with Ash's death. This one... this one replays itself more than the rest.

Why- why is Darkrai here? Even as I think of this, it's no surprise. I'd felt a strange lurking presence nearby for quite some time, and I just couldn't put a finger on it.

Now, I fully understand. "You," I suddenly growl, "you sent a Sableye to track us." The accomplished and prideful look confirms my thought.

Well, that doesn't matter. It won't take Ash away. I won't let that happen, and if I do... I'll never forgive myself. So I can't. Besides, he wouldn't want me to live that way. The only solution is to stand up and fight.

This battle is a repeat of the first- or so it may seem. However, it's different because this time, we won't lose.

We know all the tricks Darkrai can play, and we're more than prepared.

Determined, I yell, "give it your best shot!"

====================

That was a weird chapter. I dunno why. Well, I guess it was weird because the sudden change of mood, and the acceleration of the plot.

Ah, enough of me being an author geek. What will happen in the next chapter?

Hope you enjoyed! :)

~TheDreamRider