Call of the Leaf Shard

<><>Serena's POV<><>

Eighteen floors, eighteen types... And this one is Grass.

I sense a powerful object in this Floor, drawing me towards it, but I ignore it. Absol leads the way, Ash, Pikachu and I following close behind.

As I suspected, the only types of Pokémon we battle are Grass-types, so my Swift does more damage.

I take note of the moves Absol knows: so far, it's Night Slash, Quick Attack, and Double Team.

That makes me wonder... what moves did my Eevee form know? Obviously Swift, but anything else? If so, how do I relearn them?

So many questions, and no answers.

We travel through the long corridors, searching for the Star Circle that would take us to the next floor. More and more Pokémon attack, so my Swift gets more and more powerful.

The call I had felt before strengthens, as well.

As I'm pondering over all of these questions, I barely notice a Shroomish slipping by.

Suddenly, it uses Stun Spore on Ash, and he flinches, unable to move. "Ash!" I yell, worriedly. "Absol!" I call out.

The Dark-type uses Night Slash on the Shroomish, who quickly jumps back. With the battle ongoing, I run over to Ash.

"We don't have any Cheri Berries," I realize. I grab Ash's hand, and close my eyes. A soft, turquoise aura emanates off my body, and it spreads to Ash.

Absol startles. "What is that?" The aura slowly disappears, leaving Ash cured of his paralysis. "It's definitely not Heal Bell," says Absol, "or Aromatherapy. The only other status curing move would be Refresh, but that only cures the user."

I shake my head. "It's Refresh. I'm not exactly sure how it affected Ash, though."

"Hey." Ash puts a hand on my shoulder. "Thanks for healing me," he says, sincere. I look away, blushing a tiny bit. "N- no problem."

We walk along, sometimes fighting Pokémon, sometimes resting. A good half an hour passes. I wonder about the strong call I've been hearing.

Should I tell them about it? Or should I just not say anything? After all, we don't have all the time in the world.

Still... I think it's important.

Anyways, we come across a Tropius. It appears to be the strongest Pokémon in the floor. Perhaps... the more experienced ones are the Pokémon who guard the Stone Fragments.

I guess I shouldn't say guard. Last time, Absol took the Steelix out  fairly easily.

"Swift!" I shout, arms extended towards the Tropius. It dodges the first few, but gets hit by the rest. Ash commands, "Pikachu, Quick Attack!"

The mouse Pokémon dashes and slams into its target, sending it skidding back. Then, it counterattacks with Whirlwind.

The gusts of air are extremely powerful, and I have trouble holding my ground against it. Ash notices and grabs my wrist.

His face is gaunt with the effort of keeping both of us in place. "Let go!" I yell over the noise. When he doesn't reply, I shout, "I'll be fine! Trust me!"

Ash nods, and releases his hold on my wrist. I immediately skid backward several feet, despite my efforts.

"Serena!"

"Huh? Wh-" I'm cut off when I step onto a certain place and the ground goes 'click.' Instantly, in the next moment, I'm alone, in a completely different area. It's not familiar.

"Ash? Pikachu?" I call out. "Absol?" No response.

Suddenly, the urge for that object to be found returns with full force. I squeeze my eyes shut, wanting this feeling to go away.

As if on cue, the call lessens, and now, it's more like a song. Calling, calling, always calling. So I follow it to its source.

I walk through an archway of overgrown plants, and spot a slab of rock smack-dab in the middle of the room. I inspect the surface, where I find a small item.

A tiny, emerald shard, in the shape of a leaf.

Surely this is where the call originated. I pick the small shard up and twirl it in my fingers, taking a good look at it.

When I hold it, an odd sensation comes over me. The aroma of flowers comes ten times sharper to my nose, and I see the true, natural beauty of my surroundings.

I carefully wrap it in the handkerchief Ash had given me on the day we meet and stashed it in my own little bag.

<><>Ash's POV<><>

"Serena!" I shout.

She had disappeared in the time of our battle with Tropius. We quickly knocked it out, and collected the Stone Fragment it had been hiding.

"Serena!"

Absol shook his head. "Must've been a hidden Star Circle, or something like that. It could've warped her to a different area on this floor."

I hear footsteps behind me.

"I'm here."

I quickly turn around, to see Serena alright. I sigh in relief. "You're back." She nods.

"And I found something, too."

She unwraps a handkerchief and shows us an emerald share, the shape of a leaf.

"What is that?"

====================

So, you may notice I've been updating a lot, and quickly, too. I've decided to submit this story in the Pokémon Watty Awards 2015, and I have about less than six days to finish this story. Yep.

Hope you enjoyed! :)

~TheDreamRider