Entrance of Darkrai

<><>Absol's POV<><>

It's done. I did it. I told them.

And surprisingly, they believe me.

We continue our journey rough the Star Realm, with uneasiness weighing down our hearts. We pass Floor Sixteen. Then Seventeen. And finally, Eighteen... arriving at the Star Realm Peak.

How do I describe the view?

Standing atop of the tower, we are able to view the whole land surrounding us, down hundreds of feet below. It would be beautiful, if not for the foreboding clouds above our heads, a swirling vortex of darkness.

"This is it," I tell my fellow comrades. "Be ready for anything."

While Ash carefully extracts the Stone Fragment from his bag, Serena grips all of the evolution objects we collected on eight different floors.

The key to evolving using those stones, we discovered, is they can only be used in times of certain danger. Oddly, we only found eight of them- Grass, Fire, Water, Electric, Ice, Psychic, Dark, and Fairy.

"Two questions," says Ash. "One, how do I form the Orb, and two, how do we break it?" I grimly sigh. "Arrange the Fragments so that they are connected. As for the other one... I believe sheer power is needed, though I haven't confirmed it yet."

"Just great," Ash mutters, placing the Stone Fragments on the ground and moving them. Serena scans our surroundings.

Ash announces, "done. What next?" I turn my head to the girl next to me, motioning to her. "Serena was chosen, apparently, to summon Primia. Remember, Darkrai appeared in the past, so he will do the same right after Primia comes forth."

Serena hesitates slightly, asking, "and Wolvarak? Will he appear at the same time as Darkrai, as well?" I confirm her inference with a nod.

The honey-haired girl kneels before the pieces, and splays out her right hand in the center of the circle Ash had formed with the Fragments.

Blinding light emits at the spot, so I turn to shield my eyes from the intense light. After a minute or so, it fades, and I look at the spot.

A perfect sphere resides under Serena's hand, reflecting many and all colors, which are always shifting. What material it is made out of, I don't know.

"Get ready for Darkrai-" However, I'm instantly cut off by a large blast.

The impact sends me flying, and I land near the edge of the tower/peak. I stand, though I have a couple scratches and injuries.

I search for Ash, Pikachu, and Serena, and find them laying on their sides. And then I notice...

Serena isn't holding the Orb of Beginning.

I snap my attention to the middle, where the very object sits, un damaged and un moved. At all. I bound towards it, striding long distances.

That's when it appears.

Foolish rebels.

Something slams into me, and hard. My attacker is mostly black and white, but that is all I can see. Wait...

Black and white.

I curse under my breath as I crash into the ground. I vaguely hear the worried shouts of Ash and Serena, but I ignore them.

You guessed right, Absol.

I stand up shakily. The Orb. I need to reach it. Before it gets it. Before...

I am Darkrai. Sincere gratitude to you, Serena Yvonne, for creating the Orb of Beginning for me. Now, I'll be taking it.

"Pikachu! Stop it with Thunderbolt!" The Pokémon obeys. "Pika... chu!" A powerful bolt of lightning is released, and hits Darkrai squarely.

Nice try, it says. However, a simple Thunderbolt such as that will not be able to stop me.

"Then how about this?!"

The surprised Darkrai turns in time to be blinded by light. It's Serena... she's transforming. Well, I guess we did prepare ourselves for a fight.

Her Sylveon form. The pink and white dress is simple, but suits her well. Her hair is tied up in pigtails, ribbons holding them in place. Her hands are covered with white gloves.

"Nice choice," I grunt, for Fairy is super-effective on Dark-types like Darkrai. But how long will her evolved form last? Is it enough?

"Moonblast!" Serena yells. The whole area radiates Fairy Aura as the attack is barely avoided by Darkrai.

"Powerful," I admit. "I guess I should be helping, too." I spring into action, sprinting towards the our strong opponent, using Quick Attack.

Because he doesn't have time to recover from dodging Serena's Moonblast, I get in a direct hit. Why is he not fighting back, though?

Oh.

The Orb.

He may be afraid retaliating will damage the Orb, and he's waiting for the chance to grab it. If I'm correct, altering the Orb of Beginning will take time and will require Darkrai to be in the right atmosphere.

Planning on escaping, eh? I won't let you.

Darkrai.

====================

Thought this was the end? Nope! This is only half the battle!

Hope you enjoyed! :)

~TheDreamRider