Sword Wielder

<><>Ash's POV<><>

It worked. They're here. This is it.

The darkness has finally found us. And we need to repel it with light.

I call on my powers, remembering the advice Serena had given me. Limitless strength surges throughout every fiber in my body.

The aura shines brightly in the palms of my hands, floating in front of them. Right now, I control this space. Aura is my weapon, and is all around me!

Instead of a straight beam, however, I shift my arm to the side and gradually release the aura as I swipe my arm in front of me. This creates a wide arc, so they can only dodge by jumping or going under.

I had experimented the different ways I could potentially use aura, and found a variety of them. They could be utilized as platforms rather than for battling, in some cases.

What I did during the battle with Wolvarak was only one of the many uses possible. I'm more than enough prepared, to say the least.

Back to the fight.

Shadow Primia, with a dark energy surrounding it, is no longer an elegant gold and white color. Where the gold would be is now purple, and where the white would be is now black.

The orb floating near its tail has turned ominous. The normally bright shades of the rainbow shards are dull, almost as if they're tainted by darkness. Which, most likely, they are.

With a swipe of its serpentine tail, Primia cuts through the aura, protecting Darkrai and itself from the attack.

"We need to separate them," I breathe. "I can take Darkrai. You take down Primia, or at least render it vulnerable."

This is why you humans are so... naïve. We are all-powerful. You are not. Do you honestly think you are able to defeat us?

I growl. "We beat Wolvarak. We can beat you, too."

Darkrai laughs, a sound like nails scraping against a chalkboard. In theory, Primia is supposed to be of equal strength with Wolvarak. It's even stronger when Shadowed. And now, you're also facing another me.

I grimly smile. "Don't underestimate us."

With that, I shout, "Serena! Let's go!" I create an aura line straight between Darkrai and Shadow Primia. "Right now," I say, "your opponent is me."

<><><><>

Keeping up with Darkrai consumes a lot of energy. I'm constantly having to dodge and attack, dodge and attack. There's no time to see how Serena's holding up on her side.

Anyways, I trust her. There's definitely no way she'll lose now.

You, boy, are a persistent one, aren't you? Even when faced with death, you do not falter.

I stay concentrated, trying not to let its words get into my head too much. It'll trick me. I need to stay focused.

A Dark Pulse is unleashed directly my way, fast. Without thinking, I create a barrier directly in front of me, blocking the attack and canceling both moves.

Whilst recovering, I summon aura at the bottom of my feet and suddenly jerk it upwards, causing me to jump extremely high. Midair, I fire a bolt of the pure force at Darkrai's head, but it evades.

Is this all you've got? Though I must admit, you are more skillful since the last time we had crossed paths.

I clench my teeth, falling through the air as the wind roars in my ears. I create a line of aura- which I grab- and command it to tie around Darkrai's arm.