Lies? Or The Truth?

<><>Serena's POV<><>

Ash supports me while we limp in one direction, his Pokémon, Pikachu, cheering me on. If I were still an Eevee, would this boy still help?

I shouldn't be thinking this, though. He helped me, and he's offering me a place to stay. I should take him up on his kindness.

After walking for a couple minutes of walking, the sky turns dark, and it's late. I look over to Ash, the boy who saved me.

He's determined to proceed carefully and slowly, ensuring my safety. I blush, hoping he doesn't see me.

Maybe I can trust him.

After all, he's been so... kind.

I'm still not used to speaking English, but I try to talk, anyways. "So," I start quietly, "you're probably wondering what I'm doing here."

The boy nods. I continue, and laugh shakily. "You're probably going to think I'm crazy, but..." Maybe I shouldn't tell him now. Oh, whatever!

"I- I don't know how to start this, but I'm not..." I search for the right words. "Normal." Ash gives me a look, saying go on...

"I was an Eevee, and transformed into a human!" I blurted. Then, I start freaking out. Nice going, Serena, nice going.

I try to correct myself in embarrassment. "Okay, that was sudden, but... It's true. I'm expected by someone- a voice- to stop Wolvarak, the End Pokémon, from rising, and throwing the universe in chaos."

"I don't know exactly how I'll do it, but I need to summon the alternate Pokémon of Wolvarak, Primia. I just have... vague details."

Arceus, what is wrong with me?! How do I expect him to believe such a tall tale?! I really am a moron... Guess I can't get any help, after all.

I try to avoid his gaze, waiting for the laughs that will surely follow. Instead, he says, "I'll help you."

I almost trip myself. "You- you will?!" The Pikachu walking alongside us jumps with excitement. Why is it so eager to help?

Ash scratches his nose nervously. "I don't think you would be where I met you just to wait around, to tell someone else a false story." "Eh- I guess..."

"And, uh, you seem like an honest girl..." I blush at his remark.

But I'm sure the steps to awaken Primia will be dangerous. The End Pokémon won't just wait around for me to banish it, smiling happily. Though I wish it would...

We continue walking and limping in silence, until Ash finally asks a question. "How will you defeat it?" "Good question," I admit. Each word I say, the easier it is to speak human language.

"The voice showed me the lore and past of Wolvarak and Primia, and some hints." Then, I shake my head. "I still- I still can't believe that you actually think I'm telling the truth..."

"Well... I have this feeling telling me you're not lying. And- oh Arceus, this'll make me sound crazy- I think I've met you before."

I startle. "When you were an Eevee," he quickly adds. "I was in a Summer Camp for Professor Oak, and when I was following a Poliwag, I spotted an Eevee with gold-tipped fur."

"I followed it, and now that I think back, it kind of resembled you right now," he says. "O- oh," is all I reply.

"And a weird dream..."

I perk up, and ask, "what about?"

His eyebrows furrow. "It was fuzzy, but there was smoke, ruins, a very large Pokémon with gnashing fangs and long claws..."

I shudder. Could it be... Wolvarak?

"Then, an even smaller Pokémon, brown and tiny. Flashing lights, and colors coming from the smaller one. I'm not sure..."

He trails off.

I had a similar dream. Destruction and conflict. I sigh, wanting answers.

"I can't do this..." I whisper. Ash looks over at me in concern, but decides not to say anything. Then, we come across an exit out of the woods, and into a field.

"Pika!" The Electric-type runs out and dashes side to side, happy for the openness. I smile in spite of myself.

"Here." Ash guides me towards the edge of the plain, to a small, simple cottage. He unlocks the door and holds it open for me. I nod my thanks and walk in.

The living space is neat and tidy, but I look into another room and see it messy. Ash hastily closes the door to that room.

"It's not, uh, the cleanest right now," he says, and I smile.

He leads me over to the guest room (I assume). "You can rest up here," he says. "Thanks."

So much has happened in one day. The voice, Ash, and him believing me. But aren't I just dragging him into more trouble and danger, this way?

====================

I know a lot of you think it's ridiculous for ANYONE to believe that... but it's Ash, and he loves her, so- whoops. Got carried away there! Anyways, comment your opinions!

Hope you enjoyed! :)

~TheDreamRider